2 | sick

"What the hell happened?" Luna groaned as she tried to sit up on the bed

"What the hell happened?" Luna groaned as she tried to sit up on the bed. She knew she was in the hospital, a place she absolutely loathed and she wished she would never have to come back but clearly that was too much to ask for. Her head ached, a shooting pain she couldn't explain and her body was shaking slightly in pain.

Eddie exhaled in relief, "Oh thank god, you're awake. What's the last thing you remember?"

"You making breakfast." Luna replied as she sat up in the bed with Eddie's support. It hadn't been easy for her to sit up, her body aching in way she had never experienced before.

She didn't want to admit it but she knew her Lupus had gotten worse. She was always tired, losing weigh rapidly and it was getting harder to breathe and she was in constant pain.

Eddie nodded in conformation, "Do you know what could have caused you to faint? The doctors won't tell me anything, I'm not family but I'm worried and I want to help."

"I'll be fine. I have Lupus but it's under control. Where are the kids?" Luna questioned. She didn't want him to worry about her, it was her responsibility and she would take care of herself. She couldn't let him in, not after what happened with the last guy.

Eddie sighed, "I don't know what to say but I need you to know that I'm here if you need me. I'd like to think we're friends and as your friend, I want to be here for you. You've already done so much for my family and I, let me return the favour."

"I'll think about it."

"So

"So..... what's going on between you and Diaz?" Hen asked.

Luna rolled her eyes at her best friend, "You certainly don't beat around the bush. And nothing, nothing is going on between me and Eddie. I can't, not after everything that has happened."

"You need to move on. I know it's not easy but you deserve to be happy. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met. You survived. I know you still have nightmares, hate when people touch you and fireworks scare you but you're going to a therapist and you're working on getting better. Just please, don't shut out your friend." Hen pleaded.

Luna pouted, "Sometimes I hate it when you're right."

"I'm always right." Hen winked.

Luna sighed, "It's not that I don't trust him or don't want to let him in, I'm scared and I have every right to be. He deserves to be happy with someone that isn't damaged like me. He shouldn't have to help me carry my weight around. I need to figure things out first before I let him in."

Luna looked at her best friend before continuing, "I like him, he's a great guy and father but my issues shouldn't drag him down. I can't do that to him. Please just don't say anything to him."

Hen smiled softly, "I promise I won't but please don't push him away. You have an amazing guy putting in so much effort to get to know you, you deserve to be happy."

"Fine. You're lucky I love you."

"I know."