Part 5

I try to get out of his embrace, even when I am cold again. But Leo doesn't let that happen, he pulls me back into a tight embrace with his strong arms directly. He looks me in the eye and to my surprise he doesn't look at me scoffingly, in fact he looks... honestly interested?

"You don't have to be ashamed. I am glad that you like our music." He smiles at me before he gets serious again.

"We really have to figure out a way to help you, though. You must be in so much pain right now.", he thinks for a moment. One arm is still holding me comfortably in an attempt to warm and soothe me, while Yuki huddled up to us closely.

"I have an idea!", he now suggests to call his mother to pick us up at the nearest parking lot, which happens to be 200m away

"I have an idea!", he now suggests to call his mother to pick us up at the nearest parking lot, which happens to be 200m away. "Do you think you'll be able to make it over there?" Leo asks.

"Yes, sure that shouldn't be much of a problem.", I reply confidently. I am just happy to finally get away from here, and with Leo's help that shouldn't be too hard.

So Leo calls his mother. It rang a few times before she finally accepted the call. I can't help but feel guilty that she probably woke up because of me. He talks very fast and it seems like she instantly agrees to pick me up at the parking lot. When I mention my concerns to him he just says "My mum would always help people in need, she has a heart made of gold."

He stands up carefully retracting his arm from my shoulders. I feel cold again instantly. He stands in front of me and helps me get up. Once more I try to suppress the scream of pain, which Leo notices directly. He looks at me worriedly. "It's okay. We just need to take it slow." I try to calm him down.

"You can lean on me." he offers thoughtfully.

I try not to lean too much weight on him, though, and we venture a step. Of course it doesn't work and I am basically brought to my knees because of the pain. Leo is by my side immediately and helps me back up. He looks at me seriously "Listen, when I tell you to lean on me than do as I say."

When he notices that I am a bit embarrassed by this whole situation, he adds with a wink "I like to hold a girl as beautiful as you in my arms, although there may be better circumstances."

That helps me overcome my inhibitions and at the next step I lean my full weight on Leo, which really helps me relax my foot a little

That helps me overcome my inhibitions and at the next step I lean my full weight on Leo, which really helps me relax my foot a little. Two or three steps later, we kind of found our rhythm. He really does have strong arms, but he still manages to treat me so carefully, every touch is so gentle it is like he is afraid that I am gonna break if he touches me too roughly. His touch feels so good, I catch myself smiling slightly.

All this walking is still very painful and agonizing. I have to take a few breaks to catch my breath and recover.

As soon as the parking lot is in sight, I can't hide my tears anymore and I burst out into tears - but this time out of relief. We just stand there and I nuzzle my head into Leo's shoulder. As before, Leo dries my tears with his sleeve. Even Yuki nestles into my leg like he somehow wanted to console me.

From afar there are two headlights coming closer. Leo takes a small breath in relief probably hoping I wouldn't notice. He helps me sit down on a rock before beckoning and running towards his mother to lead her here.