Part 7

In the hospital, Leo's mother signs me up at the reception. They ask for my name and my address. I can feel Leo's thoughtful look when I mention my address in Switzerland. But there is no time for that now, as a nurse rolls me into an examination room.

I can feel myself panicking again. "Leo...", he is by my side immediately and takes my hand in his, squeezing it slightly. He helps me lie down on the stretcher and stays there just comforting me. When the doctor arrives, he wants to send Leo out, but he refuses to leave, "She is my girlfriend from Switzerland and I am definitely not going to leave her alone", he argues confidently. The doctor sees my tears and finally gives in, adding "exceptionally".

A nurse cleans my foot and takes the glass shard out, causing me to wince in pain and bite my lip hard. The doctor examines the cut and states that it would be best to stitch it up. As soon as those words left his mouth, I can feel myself becoming dizzy again. I hate needles and syringes even more than hospitals.

The doctor leaves to prepare everything and I can hear Leo's voice from a distance, although he sits directly next to me. "Hey, we'll get through this together, okay? Don't be afraid.". "How is it that you know I'm afraid of needles?" I ask him. He drops his gaze to our linked hands, and I can see that my knuckles turned white because of how tight I am squeezing his hand. Immediately I relax my grip, but this time he takes my hand in both of his and caresses it soothingly.

In the meantime, the doctor returned and as always I am stressed out again. Before inserting the syringe with local anesthesia, he winks at Leo. "Maybe you could distract your girlfriend a bit."
Leo thinks for a second, then his face comes closer to mine. I don't know where to look and most certainly I'm blushing right the second. Fairly close to my ear, I hear his beautiful voice - he is rapping for me!

 Fairly close to my ear, I hear his beautiful voice - he is rapping for me!

A few words in, I recognize the lyrics of their song "Faded":

"If you're scared, please just tell me
I was once right where you are standing
I know it hurts, I felt it all
But no matter what happens I won't let you fall"

His voice mesmerizes me. He raps in a low voice and I can feel his breath at my neck.

"Alright! You weathered the storm", the doctor's voice jolts me out of my daydreams. "What? I didn't feel anything!" I look at my foot, which is currently being bandaged, in amazement. "Great rap!", the doctor praises Leo and then leaves. Leo gets much embarrassed and pulls the hood of his shirt above his head.

This time I take Leo's hand in mine. I can't see his eyes because of his long hair, behind which he hides them. "Thank you so much! Nobody ever did anything this nice for me." He looks up and we look each other straight in the eye. "I didn't feel any pain at all because of all the good emotions you gave me through your rap." It's important for me that he understands where I'm coming from. It's a very special moment for the both of us. Just before the doctor comes in, I hear his voice softly mumbling: "My words never made more sense than earlier on with you..."

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥
If you like the story so far, please don't forget to leave a like and maybe a comment on what I could improve. Thank you so much.