Part 8

By now, I am cozily lying in the bed of a hospital room. Victoria took care of everything and she's going to call my parents first thing in the morning. I notice the dawn light and I am so sleepy, I could've fallen asleep on the spot.

I glance around in the room and in the corner I see Leo - Leondre Devries - he fell asleep in an armchair.

He insisted on staying here with me and fell asleep. He looks so cute right now. I am so confused. It's just, too much has happened in the last couple of hours. Of course, I dreamt often about meeting my idol, but this is not how I imagined it, at all.
From the interviews and obviously his songs, I already know that Leo is always open-minded when he meets new people and walks up to people without any prejudices. He was so helping and loving and caring. Even though, it was the middle of the night and I most certainly did not impress him with my beauty. To the contrary, earlier when I saw my pale face and my chaotic hair, I nearly panicked.

I try to stay awake to enjoy Leo being here and watching him from this close in real life. As soon as he wakes up, he is probably going to leave, since I am safe now. Well, he did more than enough for me, I guess. But I'm not able to stay awake much longer and fall asleep.

¥¥¥

Like from afar, I hear familiar voices. I open my eyes a bit and see many people around my bed. "She is waking up.", I now recognize my mother's voice. "The things you do.", she says next. I am still not really awake, at least my mind isn't, and I don't really understand her, what is she talking about? In a split second, everything that happened comes into my mind. My walk at night, my accident at the shore, Yuki and, most importantly, Leo...

I now open my eyes completely and see my mother, my father and Victoria. "How are you?", my dad asks me with concern in his voice. I squint because of the sunlights and try to sit up. Immediately, I feel the pain in my foot. "It still hurts, a lot," I reply before adding, "but I feel much better than yesterday". I don't want them to worry too much about me. After all, my walk at night must've already worried them enough.
Now the doctor joins in. He talks to my parents. "Mia won't be able to fly, at least not for the next few days. I want to keep your daughter for two more days and after that she won't be able to put weight on her foot for one to two weeks."

Our flight back home is today and my parents also have to work tomorrow. I don't know what to do and the pain killer doesn't really help me think either. I also feel a wave of sadness overwhelming me, but I don't remember what the reason for that could be. Suddenly, something moves in the back of the room. Leo! That was the reason. Yesterday before falling asleep, I was sure he'd be gone by the time I woke up. A warm feeling floods through me, as I look at him, he's drowsy and still sleepy, sitting in his chair. He just must've woken up. He atttentively listens to what the doctor says. Now he beckons his mother over and starts whispering with excitement. He glances at me every now and then and I kinda like it when he looks and smiles at me.