1 | s t u n n i n g

mike was uncomfortable, most likely because of how tight his suit was restricting with his breathing and chief hopper's stare drilling into the side of his head as he sat on the other side of the room. mike reached a hand up to adjust the collar that was pressuring down on his throat and to straighten his purple tie to appear less scruffy and unorganized.

he heard the hands on the grandfather clock in the room move slower and slower, mike just wanted to run out the shack, get in his car and go home. eleven had asked mike to go to prom with her and he felt like he had no right to deny that request, he didn't want to go to prom again, he has been before, so therefore he doesn't need to go again.

at least with the same date anyway.

"mike? are you there? do you copy?" wheeler heard on his radio, it was lucas.

"yes, hello? this is mike, over."

"are you on your way?"

"no, we are not."

"we? oh yeah, eleven." mike heard in the background, it was max sounding confused in the other side of the line.

"well can you hurry up it starts in fifteen? over and out." lucas said and the radio turned to static.

a few more agonizing moments flew ever so slowly by and eleven opened her door, revealing herself to the two people audience. she wore a sequin covered purple dress that went all the way down to her knees, showing her black heels too. her hair and makeup were done to show contrast or something.

personally, mike had no reaction to this, thinking the whole look seemed tacky and so out of character, but pretended to be shocked and admired with fake heart eyes.

"you look amazing, honey." hopper said, proud of his daughter.

"yeah, you look stunning!" mike lied with enthusiasm, which he got away with as eleven blushed over his words.

mike stood up shakily and walked over to eleven and wrapped the corsage around her wrist. he imagined he was giving it to someone else he knew.

eleven leaned in for a kiss, mike saw hopper's displeasure as he sat on the table drinking his coffee and leaned in too,

to give her a deep hug, a friendly hug.

"shall we go, my lady?" mike teased, cringing internally at every word that comes out his mouth.

"yes, i think we shall." eleven giggled in response, waving goodbye to the chief that fortunately was going to give eleven a lift home afterwards.

mike opened his car door for eleven to sit in passenger, he jogged over to sit in his drivers seat. he started the engine, eleven turned on the radio and off they went.

ten minutes earlier..

"lucas! hurry up we're going to be late!" max yelled from downstairs of the sinclair's residence.

"handsomeness takes time and patience!" lucas shouted back.

"yeah, to bad for you, you're gonna have to spend a lot of time fixing that." erica spat, waving a hand in front her face. making max laugh a little.

"i heard that!"

"yeah! yeah! he talks to himself in the mirror, you sure you want that in a boyfriend?" erica asked with a creeped out expression on her face.

"oh, we are not going out. only going to prom together as friends." max explained, it was the truth, she didn't like him like that.

"you sure it wasn't out of sympathy?" erica said once again sarcastically.

"erica!" mrs sinclair gritted through her pristine white teeth.

"alright! i'm out anyway, bye max!" erica walked up the stairs, probably to her room.

"bye erica!"

"thank god she's gone." lucas said, leading max out the door, shouting goodbye at his parents, not waiting nor wanting to hear an answer back.

"oh wait!" lucas stopped.

sinclair pulled something out from his pocket and revealed a corsage, max lifted her wrist and lucas tied it a little too light but max kept silent, only wincing for a second, and they carried on walking to the car, which lucas smooth talked his dad into borrowing for the night.

lucas didn't open the door for max, instead helping himself to the drivers seat.

the drive was silent and awkward until lucas pulled up his radio.

"mike? are you there? copy?"

mike. mike.

""""""""

a/n

heelo everyvone,

and velcome to vy second vook,

i vrote dis when i vas high off ideas.

vote and comment¿?

love you all so much!
💘