2 | d i s a g r e e i n g i n t h e d a r k

mike dropped off eleven by the school entrance so he could find a empty car space, but really he didn't want her to talk in his ear for any longer than he was expected to, her voice was beginning to grow really annoying and her speech seemed to be grating against his ear drums, giving him headaches that took days to get rid of.

the radio played softly in the background and he found a space to park in, mike sighed as he turned off the ignition. he close his eyes and rested his forehead on the steering wheel.

he heard distant arguing and car door slams, he looked up trying to not act suspicious but he felt like a fish out of water - exposed and vulnerable, as if he was in the middle of it all. it was lucas and max shouting at each other, mike didn't know why because the car acted like an ear muff, blocking out noise or at least blurring it all up.

max was constantly rubbing her wrist in the convertible car. mike only saw her hair and makeup and it looked absolutely stunning and that wasn't a lie, her phoenix hair was down and rested nicely on her shoulders. but it getting every where as max kept moving her head to either look at lucas or look away - she turned her head so fast mike had to flinch as it looked liked she was going to give herself whiplash.

there was a lot of pointing and sudden screaming and supposed sarcasm. bare in mind that, mike was parked right opposite them, giving him a front row seat to this show - able to see and hear everything going on - and it wasn't like mike could could drive away and park somewhere else, that would draw the spotlight to be shown on him and someone other bloke or chick would have to see this circus performance instead of him.

the arguing pair finally managed to get out the car without clawing each others throats out. finally, mike rested his eyes on max's outfit for the dance, a dark red glittery dress, with no sleeves protecting her now exposed arms from the cold. mike was obviously lost for words as he had never seen max in a dress before as he had the redhead down as the girl who would rather die than wear one. the dress reached down to her knees, complimenting max's freckly legs. she wore heels to prom as well, four inch heels, pitch black and shiny as hell.

her whole outfit was glamorous, stunning, breathtaking, jaw-dropping, beautiful and all other words that mike thought to even start to describe her attire, but lowkey, in the back if mike's head, it was a little unsettling to see max, out of all people to wear these type of stuff. i mean if she's down and comfortable with it, that's cool, confidence is the greatest accessory. mike thought to himself, still cowering behind the dash of his car as he silently watched lucas and max walk away together but with a fair distance between them but not too much of a distance that someone might bring it up as a suspicious conversation starter.

when the pair were completely out of his sight, mike leaned back in his chair as he tried to put the pieces together in his already jumbled up brain. he combed a hand through his hair while he was thinking. what were they arguing about? are they going out again? i thought they were toast, the experiment has been tester guys, it didn't work out. why was max caressing her wrist the whole time? who started the argument? mike thought in his head, questioning the night away, why do i all of a sudden care so much? it's none of my business, jesus mike, get a grip!

mike brought himself out of thinking too much and glared at his watch and cursed at himself for staying in the car being a nosy bitch for almost half an hour, he wasn't mad at himself because eleven was going to be mad, but because everyone is going to question and inquire about why he was late, so he was going to have to think of something fast. mike got put the car as quick as possible, slamming the door and locking it as he ran for the school entrance, his unbuttoned blazer flapping all over the place like a distressed bird.

max was holding back the waterworks in her eyes, she felt pressured to stay strong, but not from others, but from herself. she had managed to go a full week without crying over something small and pathetic. but what she needed to know was that arguing with your supposed bestfriend for too long that he or she brings up that one thing that you both promised not to mention against you in petty disagreement was very wrong and max was allowed to express her emotions like a normal human being reacting to an unkind person in their life. because she should of realized a bestfriend would only do that to you if they didn't care about you or what you stand for. but max never thought about addressing this as severe disagreement but only as a small little quarrel that all friends have. so she took a deep breath and soon the tears faded away from her waterline, replacing any hint with sadness with a friendly smile.

she had noticed her 'date' had stopped in his tracks and was looking back slightly at her. max jogged up to him and asked him what was the matter, but he just ignored her and linked their arms together. max felt herself tense up, but she did not drop her smile as she looked up at lucas, who just rolled his eyes and walked along to the school hall entrance - lowkey dragging maxine behind him as he failed to acknowledge her stumbling over her heels.

"""""""""

a/n

oOooOOo

man, i wrote lucas to be such a douche,

obviously to hide my never ending love for my baby boi,

vote and comment¿?

love you all!
💘