Chapter 1- The Meeting

Pierce

Chapter 1

The Meeting

I don't know who the hell was disturbing my peaceful sleep right now. It seems that I have nothing to do for these past few days. I just graduated last March and the summer was quite approaching. I’m coming on a marvellous vacation with myself, alone and my excitement was all-over my mood but with this phone call....Grrrrr. 

I squint my eyes shut to protect them from the sunlight, however as I slowly open them, my surroundings was completely dark. A matter of seconds, my eyes adjusted from the situation and I remember that all my curtains are still closed. I lift my head up to see my digital clock, it’s 12:05. I still have time to sleep. And I don't know what's about this phone call that still bugging me for the third time. It's not that I have an appointment or anything else these days, but it seems really not important to me so I keep it buzzing for a moment.

I sit up straight and dangle my feet on the side of my bed. I get my phone on the bedside table and as it started to buzz again. My Dad’s name flashed on the screen. I hesitate to answer him first, because I don’t think of any agenda he might want to discuss with me today, but my instinct pushes me through to answer him. I check my voice so it will not sound muffled on the other line. I swipe the green cellphone sign on the screen of my phone to answer my Dad.

“Good morning dad.” I said to him in my plain strong voice. Well, I’m not that equipped to answer him this time. My mind was still empty from a beautiful sleep that had been disturbed by my beloved father.

“Son? Where are you? I hope I did not just wake you up from your sleep.” He said to me. I know from the sound of his voice that he is trying to sound calm as he spoke to me right now. What’s up with him? It’s like he sounded disappointment to me?

“You sound frustrated Dad. What did I do? I’m at home and I just woke up from your call. It’s so early in the morning.” I explained to him. I’m so close to my father that I’m open to explain to him directly.

He let out a small chuckle, “Son? Did you even open up your curtains? Because I really want you to see it for yourself.” he softly answered. Huh?

Without hesitation, I stand up from my bed and started to walk near the window to open up the curtains. And, he’s right, I squinted my eyes from the bright lights coming from the surroundings.

“Okay Dad, I didn’t thought I could sleep for 14 hours a day.” I could feel my cheeks heated up from the embarrassment of myself from my father. I’m already 22 and I sometimes act like a 15 year old teenager who doesn’t care to anything at all.

“Son, I’m very curious as to what you always do these past few days. It’s not like your busy there, but I know better son. I don’t even see you going out with Lawrence and Adam. You need to unwind and --- ”

“Yeah Dad, I know, I know. We’ll we live together here and I barely see you around but you still know my whereabouts.” I laugh at myself as I cut him from his fatherly advise. I feel so small when he do that. He is really my Dad.