Chapter 2 - The Proposal

Pierce

Chapter 2 - The Proposal

Her luscious lips look very kissable every time she speaks. I can’t concentrate on whatever she says. I know that it’s not proper to think of that, especially when I’m just inches away from where she is. My father and I take a sit on small white sofa of her office. It has a mini living room with a small coffee table at the center. She takes a sit also in front us while crossing her legs. Damn, does she ever feel open to pose like that? It’s really awkward for me. I would prefer to discuss this proposal she has been giving with my father and me at the conference room that was located before the way to this mini living room. Just like the one that the meeting awhile ago was held, but here we are on her office-house, just having a normal conversation, not serious at all. Her office looks like a house than to be a working area. May be she likes the atmosphere like this.

I don’t know why Rebecca would call her “old”. Her mother is still stunning like her, despite the age difference. Rebecca has a long, wavy, dark brown hair while her mother has the blonde one. They don’t have much resemblance except that they are very beautiful. Maybe Rebecca looks a lot like her father than her mother.

Nobody would suspect Mrs. Stuart that she’s between the ages of 30 to 40 years old, I think. This woman must be a very captivating one during her younger years. I bet many boys gone crazy chasing after her.

“It’s good to see you Gwyn, It’s been years since the last time I’ve seen you. You’re a grown up man now.” she praised me while patting my left shoulder with her right hand. My body stiffened at the contact she made. My mind was really not functioning well. I can’t utter any word from what she’s been saying. I must be back to earth now.

I clear my throat so that I could sound professional on front of her. This is business so there’s a need to act with your professional attitude. “With all due respect Mrs. Stuart, I’m happy to see you too. You’re still beautiful as you were before. And not to mention, it’s just that you don’t look like you have a beautiful daughter too.” I smiled at her.

“You really knew how to get a girl’s giggle Gwyn. If I can make a decision, I will pick you as Rebecca’s fiancé than the one she’s been dating now. He’s not good enough for her, but you are. You know that don’t you?” she laughs. I know she’s beginning to act her true self now. Her beautiful angelic features are the opposite of what she really is, but that’s my instincts idea. I don’t really know her actually in the business world, but as a really good mother to Lawrence and Rebecca, despite the overprotective attitude she had.

“Rebecca’s a great girl. I know she knows how to pick one.” I answered her. Rebecca is kind, innocent girl, but I know she’s not for me. And when feelings are really there for both of us, I have already taken a step to be with her.

When will we start the discussion? I wonder how she will go into that. Will she needs any power point presentation? Or just this conversation? I don’t know what’s the point of opening that.

Oh, we are silenced as my father’s turn to clear his throat. “Ma’am? May we?” He said. I face him for a moment and his expression remains calm. Just believe me Dad, I got this. I nod at him for assurance.

“Yeah right.” she answered. She moves closer to us slightly leaning forward.