Chapter 3 - The Tipsy

Pierce

Chapter 3 – The Tipsy

I could feel the loudest of the noise at the club where I went for a couple of hours ago. The beat of the music sounds simultaneously with my heart’s slow rhythm. Every thud sends a massive vibration and it gives me a lot of energy to sway back and forth. It’s making me high as I join it with my head like slightly banging. I’m not a party goer but this scenario is one of my favourite. It makes me feel new and chilling.

 Aura is one of the most popular disco clubs here in the city. A couple of VIP from different sectors of the government goes around and comes around here, every time a huge celebration was held. You can’t exactly point out whose good or bad in Politics as long as you’re “befriends” with them, you’re in here. Everyone is invited, but a big BUT always clings. An orange glow in the dark bracelet is worn all throughout the party and it must be destroyed after. It can’t be availed easily and a lot of money is needed to purchase one. Lawrence had given us the way in how to access this bracelet as he introduces us to his team. The owner must be a good friend of him. I think his name is Leon Fernandez. I don’t know the truth behind it but that’s how this club works. So basically it can be called as a sort of a key for entrance.

 The DJ, his name is Robin. He waves a hand on me when I made my entrance in the main deck and I return his acknowledgement by doing the same. He checks the sound of his small lapel, and spoke, “Let’s give a loud noise to one of my best mates, Gwyn Horan!!!” The spot light moves on my direction and everyone in the crowd shouts loud as they can. I don’t know what is the significant calling for my name and many people in the crowd shouts even louder. I know my father was really a known businessman for a long time ago and me on the other hand has nothing to share yet. I just nod at them and everyone goes back to their monkey business. The party here never ends until everyone hits their euphoric state. If I know their drinks here are coupled with a small amount of ecstasy. Small but way too strong.

It’s only past 9 when I started this liquor session on my own. This is the first time I went drinking without my two best mates, Adam and Lawrence. I don’t know why I didn’t invite them to come and hang around with me, but I will try to tell them the next time. They might have missed me so much since I haven’t come with them for a couple of times before when they call me. I don’t feel coming here for the past few months and I think I was a little bit tired of going out then because since college started, every night we had has the weirdest experience I have for myself and I can’t forget them because they’re the reason why I kind of do those things, they are with me. And one for all and all for one is our motto. Girls everywhere, drinks spill and tons of drugs had overcome to my senses. I know it’s wrong but the addiction never fades, until we’ve been caught up.

I love the dark ambiance of the club. I can only see the moving colored lights hanging above about 20 feet from the hard ground. The orange bracelets looks good in the dark as it was the only one you can see when you take your turns. The second floor seems as fully booked as all of them are filled with loud hormonal people getting done with their business here. It sounds exciting and fun but no fun for me tonight. The problem will be a problem unless I find a really good solution to solve it. And as of now, I might drink all liquors here all by myself.

I look at my wrist watch and it says 10:05 pm already. Woah, I didn’t notice how time flies so fast here. I ordered a couple of different drinks from earlier and now I’m on my 13th shot glass. I normally go on with only 5 and knowing that I had been in a “stop drinking promises” and whatsoever for a couple of months ago, my alcohol tolerance really went low. My dad doesn’t know about it, well I’m a grown man and not some daddy’s boy who hides his back whenever trouble comes. I don’t understand why of all things to be done for getting my problems solve, this one is the first option I had on my mind for the first hour. If I know, I’m already sleeping on the ground with those effects of the hard drinks I attacked from earlier. I could feel the numbness of my bum just by sitting here for almost an hour with no one to talk to.