Let it out

Its us against the world

Liberty's POV

My alarm went off at 5am. I needed a shower.
The cold water quickly woke me up. I washed myself quickly and got out, keeping the fact that I pay my own bills on my mind, and last month my water bill was through the roof.
My hair is long and wavy. Almost like I slept in 2 braids and took them out, except I didn't have to braid it. My waves were natural.
I let my hair air dry, and made my way to my room to change. I put on a plain white t-shirt with mom jeans, and rolled up the bottom of my pants. I looked at my choice of shoes and picked my white and gold Nike's. I figured that I might be on my feet all day, so tennis shoes are probably the best option.
After getting dressed, I ran downstairs and grabbed a water bottle out of my fridge. Just as I shit the fridge door, there was a knock on my door.
It was Alessio.
"Heyyyy— why are you so sweaty?" I asked him.
"Oh I uhhh I walked here. Actually. I realized that I was running a bit late so I ran."
"From across town?!" I shouted.
"Yeah..." Alessio trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.
"You're fucking crazy" I giggled.
"Crazy about you." He replied, raising his eyebrows and shaking his head.
"Shut up. And I really need a nickname for you" I told him.
"Well... my music name is 'Zotto' "
"You make music?!"
"Yeah"
"Anyway. I want something original. I'll come up with something" I told him.
We got in my car and made our way to the diner. When I got there, Linda was waiting for me outside.
" Ahhh there you are pulcino (chick)" Linda said, pulling me into a hug.
"Alessio told me all about how you finally want to work here!!"
"Yeah I finally realized that I need the cash." I told her.
"And I helped her realize that!!" Alessio shouted from behind the counter as he tied his apron up.
"Heads up" Alessio shouted. I didn't even have enough time to turn my head before an apron hit me in the face.
"Seriously?"
Alessio laughed at me.
"Can you help me tie this? I don't have the same 'apron tying' experience as you." I asked him.
"Yeah I gotchuuuuu" Alessio squealed.
"Too early for that bubby" I patted Alessios shoulder and walked back to the kitchen to wash my hands. I soon got to work.
The day went by fairly quick. It was now time to leave.
"Alessio, do you want anything to take home?" I yelled from the kitchen.
"No thank you!!" He yelled back.
I grabbed a to-go box and put a few slices of pizza off of the kids menu in it.
"Damn you're taking a whole freaking pizza home" Alessio stated from behind me. I jumped, bit knowing that he was there.
"Yeah. It'll be dinner for the next few days" I told him.
"How do you do it?" He asked.
"Do what?"
"Live alone all by yourself. Pay your own bills. At 16!!" He went on.
"I do a lot by myself. I go to LA every once and a while and stay in an apartment by myself, but what you do? I could never do that. You're really brave." Alessio continued.
"I don't know. I've always been really independent I guess. I- I don't know. It's just..." I tried to explain to him, but I felt my eyes getting watery.
"Hey hey hey!! It's okay. Im sorry. I didn't mean to make you-" I cut Alessio off before he could finish his apology.
"It's okay. I- it just hurts still..."
"Stop trying to hold your tears back Libby. It's okay to cry." Alessio said to me. I didn't know it was that easy to tell how hard I was trying to not cry.
So I let it out.
I started balling my eyes out right then and there.
Alessio pulled me into a hug and rocked me back and forth.
"Let it out Libby." He whispered.
After about 10 minutes, I had finally finished crying. Alessio and I remained in the hug for about 5 more minutes.
"Hey... are you okay now?" He asked me.
"Yeah I think so. Thanks"
"No problem. I think I'm going to stay at your place for the night if that's okay. You don't need to be alone tonight." He suggested.
"Yeah. That sounds great."
Linda must've heard our conversation because she came around the corner.
"Libby, just come stay at my place instead" She said to me.
"Yeah that sounds fun. Are you having me work tomorrow?"
"Only if you feel up to it" she replied.
I gave her a small smile.
"Hey Z, will you drop me by my place so I can get some stuff?" I asked Alessio, using the new nickname that I had came up for him on the spot.
"Who me?"
"Yeah you!"
"Oh uh yeah of course!! I might have to get used to that nickname." He smiled.
We walked out to his car, which was a lot newer than Linda's old convertible.
When we arrived at my place, I ran inside and shoved some clothes in a bag, then grabbed some money and an extra pair of socks.
I ran outside and hopped into Alessios car.
After about 10 minutes of driving, we arrived at Linda's.
"I'm staying here with you tonight. My house is right there" He said pointing at the house across the street. "Okay" I replied.
That night, Linda fed me and Alessio dinner, then we went to bed in the living room.
I've only known Alessio for 2 days.

Best 2 days of my life.