☺️

1 month time skip
Alessios POV
It's officially been a month since I've moved here and met Libby. And since day one, our bond has gotten stronger. Libby and I are best friends. Pretty much inseparable at this point. She still continues to work at Reds with me, and she ended up picking up a shift at the scam pool as a lifeguard.
    She works at Reds on Sundays, Monday's, Wednesday's, and Saturday's. Every day she works is from 6am- 6pm, even though she works a lot of over time. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, she works from 12am-5pm at the public pool.
    Liberty continues to amaze me everyday. She's such a hard worker. I've always been proud of myself. I make my own music, release it, go back and forth between this small town in Colorado and LA, and I'm an upcoming actor. Before I met Libby, I thought that almost nobody my age could be as independent as I am. Libby proved me wrong. She lives a whole adult life with the tiniest amount of help from Linda. Even through everything she does for herself, she always puts others first.
Just as these thoughts filled my head, Libby walked in for her shift.
"Hey" she whispered with her head down low.
"He- you okay?"
She didn't answer.
"Libby??"
She went to walk past me, and I tried to grab her.
She threw her shoulders in a lashing motion, but I was quick to grab ahold of her, causing her to to look at me.
She was crying. And it looked like she had been for a while.
"Libby... what's wrong??"
"It's nothing I-" she stopped mid sentence and broke down.
"It-It's been 5..." She started crying again. I pulled her into my arms and held her.
"It okay L. You don't have to talk about it." I kissed the top of her head. I didn't even mean to. Do I have feeling for Libby?
No way. She's sweet and all, but she's just my best friend.
But damn she's beautiful...

After another 5 minutes, I felt Libby move her head against my chest, and she was now looking up at me.
"It's been 5 years since they passed"
Her parents.

this is where i returned from my break. from now on, lowercase will be intended!!!

my heart broke for her. it has over and over again. watching someone go through the loss of two extremely loving parents is terrible. i can't begin to imagine how she feels.

"hey liberty, how about you eat dinner with me and my family tonight?" i asked her.

"that sounds great alessio." she replied softly. liberty looked up from my chest and smiled at me. i wiped a tear that was running down her cheek and smiled down on her.