Chapter One

(Picture above is what I imagine Death looking like.)

Harry Potter has always been a bit of an odd duck, especially when he was younger. From turning his teacher's wig blue, to his hair growing back overnight, to ending up on the school roof when he jumped behind a garbage bin. Even when he was in the wizarding world, he could do things that others could not. Talking to snakes and having visions about Voldemort, for example.

So, when he came back from the dead, he wasn't all that surprised. 'Just another normal day in the life of Harry Potter!' he had thought at the time.

All in all, what he did find rather surprising, was that he retained the ability to speak and understand Parseltongue after Voldemort's horcrux was gone, and that Albus had somehow inherited the same ability.

In 2019, Harry decided to retrieve what was rightfully his. He went back into the Forbidden Forest and retrieved the Resurrection Stone, then removed the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's grave. The former Headmaster had no need of it, so why should he let such a powerful artifact waste away in some tomb with a man it didn't even belong to?

Harry kept all three Hallows an him at all times, even if he didn't think he would need or want to use them. He would occasionally call upon his parents', Sirius, Remus, Tonks, or Fred's spirits so he could talk with them.

Instead of becoming an Auror, like he wanted to back in Hogwarts, he became a Professor for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Honestly, he found it rather amusing when Teddy used his Metamorphmagus abilities to make himself look like Harry and tried to teach the class.

On April 27, 2137, at age one hundred fifty-seven, Harry James Potter passed away. He died peacefully in his bed at home, surrounded by his wife, children, and grandchildren. He lived a lot longer than anyone expected him to, and for that, they were grateful.

To everyone else, Harry's life was over, but for him, it was only beginning.

Harry opened his eyes, and found himself lying on his back in the same clean and empty King's Cross Station he had been in all those years ago. The only difference was that the sliver of Voldemort's soul was no longer under the chair, and there was no Dumbledore in sight. There was only a mysterious, black-robed figure that was holding a scythe.

Harry stood up, and stared at the figure. Was this person going to talk to him like Dumbledore had?

"Who are you?" Harry asked the figure.

"Me?" it said, "Why, I am Thanatos. More commonly known as Death."

"Well, if what you say is true, why am I here, and not with my parents, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, and Fred?"

"You are not in the afterlife with them because you died the Master of Death, and now you have a choice." Death replied.

"I'm not following. The Master of Death is just something from a children's bedtime story. It can't possibly be real."

"Are you implying that this conversation is a figment of your imagination?"

"No, I'm just saying that owning all the Hallows doesn't make you this 'Master of Death.' Personally, I don't think you have a master. A partner, maybe, but never a master."

Death chuckled before replying, "Well, I'll admit, you are right on that front. It's rather silly that you mortals have to put a label on everything.

"Anyway, now you have a choice; go on to the afterlife, join you friends and all that jazz, you could become my partner and rule the afterlife at my right hand side, or you can start your life from the beginning and do everything in your life the same, or make it drastically different. You can also do the last option as many times as you want, for as long as you want."

Harry thought for a moment.

"You can change your mind at any time."

"I'll live my life again, if you don't mind," he finally decided.

"Alright then. Oh, nearly forgot, since this will be your second life, you get a second animals form."

"Really? Cool!" Harry already knew his first form was a black mamba, so he was curious to find out what his second form was.

"Also, you can call upon me at anytime. I have transferred a small portion of my magic into your magical core, so I will know if you are in dire need of assistance."

Harry nodded to show he understood.

"Are you ready?" He nodded again, "Alright then, have fun, Harry."

Death snapped his fingers, and everything went dark.

Word Count: 772 Words

Alright, I need some constructive criticism and ideas here. What do you want Harry's lives to be like? Do you want me to make this a long story, or a shorter story? Should I give one life per chapter or a few lives spread out among many chapters? I have an idea for one of Harry's lives, but not much else.

Also, I know it's a bit all over the place in the beginning, but getting everything down so it would make at least some sense was more difficult than teaching a dragon to speak mermish.

Anyways, 'til next time,

-Kat