Chapter Two

When Harry awoke, he found himself looking at a woman with vibrant red hair and jade green eyes.

Mum, he realized, Alright, I'm gonna treasure every moment of these fifteen months with them. With Mum, Dad, Siri, and Remmy.

* * *

When Voldemort attacked, everyone was woefully unprepared. James died protecting his wife and son. Lily died protecting her son, even though Voldemort gave her three chances to stand aside. Then, the man with the snake-like face moved onto the crib, ready to end the prophecy before it even truly began.

Harry stood in his crib looking right at Voldemort, a defiant look in his eyes.

Voldemort stared right back, a curious look slipping from behind his Slytherin mask.

"I just killed your parents, yet you do not look at me with fear. What are you, Harry Potter?" The Potter Heir opened his mouth, as if to respond. But babies couldn't understand well enough to make a proper response, right?

"I am a human, much like yourself, Tom Riddle," Harry said.

"How do you know my name?" Voldemort asked, surprised. "What have those Light people gone and put in your head?" He sighed. "No matter, I'll kill you either way."

"Alright then, have a nice ten years without a body!" the boy said.

What? Oh, never mind. He's probably just spewing nonsense anyways.

"Avada Kedavra!" The spell hit Harry in the forehead before rebounding and hitting the Dark Lord square in the chest. Voldemort's sliver of a soul was ejected from his body, which collapsed into ash a moment later. A fragment of the Dark Lord's soul was lodged into the lightning bolt-shaped cut on Harry's forehead, making him Lord Voldemort's horcrux.

* * *

When Severus Snape heard the news, he decided to go to his childhood friend's house and see for himself. Upon seeing Lily's dead body, he collapsed on the floor holding her close.

Harry sat patiently in the crib for someone - anyone, really - to notice him. Severus suddenly stood up and glared at Harry, who was feigning sleep.

The potions master left with a swish of his robes and Harry didn't see the man for nearly ten years.

* * *

As expected, Hagrid and Sirius showed up at nearly the same time. Hagrid said that Harry's Magical Guardian was Albus Dumbledore and that they were going to place him somewhere safe. Sirius argued that he was Harry's legal guardian, and with him would be safe enough.

Hagrid seemed to be winning and Sirius looked to be about to give Harry to Hagrid when he pretended to wake up and cling to Sirius' robes.

"Who's dat, Siri?" Harry asked blearily. Sirius jumped a bit, he must have not realized Harry was awake.

"He's Hagrid. He's going to take you to a safe place to live," Sirius seamed rather bitter about that.

I am not going back to the Dursley's. Not now, not ever, Harry thought.

"Don' wanna," he buried his face into Sirius' chest and clung to his robes tightly, refusing to let go.

"Seems this matter has settled itself, Hagrid. If Harry wants to stay with me, with me he shall stay."

"Professor Dumbledore won' be happy 'bout this," Hagrid said in a last effort to get Harry to Dumbledore.

"No, don' wanna," Harry said stubbornly.

"If Harry doesn't want to go, then he won't go," Sirius said. "Goodbye, Hagrid," they disapparated with a crack.

* * *

Word Count: 552 Words

I know that it's shorter than the last one, but I thought that was an appropriate place to end the chapter. I still require suggestions and constructive criticism, but no, "Your writing sucks, " "You shouldn't be on Wattpad, " "Get off Wattpad," and stuff like that. that's not constructive criticism, that's just being an asshole. Don't be an asshole.

Anyways, 'til next time,

-Kat