Tips for Waking Up Early

One of my least favorite parts of school, having to get up early. If you are like me then you seriously hate your alarm. Here are a few tips that I think make it easier to wake up in the morning.

First, go to bed early. I dont mean like 7 pm or anything but if you go to bed sooner then you are able to get more sleep before you have to get up. Makes sense, right?

Next, work up to it. If you know that you have 2 weeks before you are going to have to start getting up at say, 6:30, then start getting up early in intervals. The first week get up at 7:30. The second week get up at 7. Then you can get up at 6:30 at least a bit easy when the time comes.

Third, set multiple alarms so that you are less likely to sleep through them. It is also helpful to put whatever device you are using as an alarm, phone, alarm clock, etc., where you have to get out of bed to turn it off. This will prevent you from snoozing it and falling back to sleep.

Another tip that I have seen is to trick your mind into feeling awake by trying to act energetic as you get out of bed. Jump up quickly and make yourself feel awake. I've found that it actually works!

Finally, if you have time, eat before you get ready. This will help give you energy asap. If you don't have time then a shower is always a good way to wake up.

I hope this had helped!

-Elizabeth with SGC