From My Target to My Ally

"Oh, wow, this place is amazing," I breathe out at the sight of my temporary room.

The place was straight out of a movie, it had a large queen bed, the color gold and white. An amazing glimmering chandelier hanging down from the decorated ceiling. The colors matching the ones on the bed. There was a large double glass door on the opposite side of the bed with a wooden balcony overlooking the beautiful city.  The walls had paintings and cabinets that perched just below them. Lamps sat on top of said cabinets, also gold and white. Before I knew it I had flung myself onto the sheets of the bed, relishing in the comfort it brought. It made me feel so relaxed that I could ignore the aching on my shoulder where I was shot. This....this is heaven, I thought as I buried my face into a fluffy pillow and just sighed. The day's events have made me so exhausted, I just wanted to roll over and sleeeeeep.

A soft chuckle could be heard from my doorway. I ignored it, burying my face deeper into the sheets and a smell of delicious flowers flooded my nose, and it was then that I decided that once I finish this mission I'm going to be sleeping on a bed like this every freaking night even if I have to buy it from Tony Stark himself.

"Looks like you like your new room." The gruff voice said, and it was then that I turned to face the first avenger, leaning against the wall.

"How could I not? I mean, have you even slept on a bed like this?" I ask, as I let my head drop back down.

"Yes I have actually, but I'd prefer the floor."

"You are weird," I say turning to stuff my face into the pillows again.

"Well once you're done getting settled, come to the dining hall, we'll discuss our plan for the capture of the guy that hired you to kill me."

"In my defense," I start, raising my head, "I was only doing my job."

"Yeah, that's what the Nazi generals said when they were caught." Steve says getting off the wall and walking out of the room.

I had nothing to say to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finding the dining hall wasn't that difficult, once you got used to the maze of halls that make up Tony Stark's tower.

Entering the large room, all eyes were fixed on me. I took a seat beside Thor at the large, fit for kings, dining table. Tony stark, black widow, Hawkeye, Steve Rogers and the scientist looking dude I saw earlier, sat around the table. They turned towards each other and started conversing.

"What's up?" I ask Thor as if we've been best buds.

"The ceiling I believe." I held back a laugh, Thor smirks, looking prideful at knowing the answer. Even though it wasn't the right answer per se.

"I meant, never mind." I say waving away the question. "So!" I say leaning back and placing my legs onto the table, getting everyone's attention. "What's the plan?"

Tony stark rose from his chair. "Well it's kinda hard trapping a guy whose name we don't even know, something that you have failed to provide."

"Hey! I told you he was the biggest drug lord in this city, and he wouldn't have gotten where he is if he told everyone he hired his name, I'm sorry to break it to you, but not all criminals are brainless." I say sitting up in my chair, not exactly feeling angry, just upset.

"Anyways..." Tony stark continued,  "I have dialed it down to 6 suspects." He turns around to click somethin, 3 giant faces pop on the screen in front of us. Names and other information appeared below their pictures. "Do you recognize any of them?"

"I told you I never saw his face."

"Yes I know but do you recognize any of these men."

I study the screen, and point to a squared face with a pointy chin, bushy eyebrows and hard eyes, a tattoo covering half his face. "That guy, he was his bodyguard".

Tony nods, "How about these?" A swipe from Tony's tablet, swiped the screen to 3 unfamiliar faces.

I shake my head. Tony sighs, "Very well I'll look closely into..." Tony squints at the tablet screen. "Matt Chevene, We find him, we find his boss."

"Why don't you just set up a trap to lure him in?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I had heard the boss talk to his bodyguards about how there is no place to sell his drugs because of how the avengers keep arresting his goons."

"So?"

"So, What is the best place to sell drugs?"

"Abandoned buildings?" Natasha said.

"No a place more populated."

"Parties!" Thor blurted out excitedly.

"Exactly, So let's host the biggest party ever, and invite everyone, and the host should be a well known person, but also someone who hates the avengers but loves drugs so that he will feel safe about coming."

"That's crazy, how do you know he'll even show up??"

"Well because, a big party means other drug lords will be there and they can't help but compete and/or scout out the competition, so they will be there."

I give a wink.

Everyone just stars at me for a moment. The scientist guy shakes his head. And opened his mouth to speak.

"You can't be completely sure that he'll be there, I mean suppose that we do go through with this.....plan of yours, who hates the avengers and is rich enough to host the biggest party?"

"Ronald Greygan."

Tony looks towards Widow.

"What did you just say?"

"Ronald Greygan, He's perfect, spoiled by his family inheritance, despises the avengers and practically lives on meth."

Tony stares at Widow completely taken aback.

"Uh...no! Not happening, I'm not talking to that low life, disrespectful mongrel, plus he isn't even in the city how would we reach him."

By now Tony had gotten off his chair, his hands have been slammed into the table, and his face was beginning to take a redish color.

"That's the thing he's moving back in."

"Nope nope nope not happening, I am NOT talking to him." Tony walks heavily away out of the room.

A moment of silence passes, Tony walks back in.

"Not happening! Stop thinking about it."

Then he walks out again.