Chapter 13

Peter and Freya walked towards his room so they can order the food

Peter and Freya walked towards his room so they can order the food. Peter is surprised with how much he's using this room now and more surprised that his Aunt is letting him stay here more than one night.

Once Peter walked into the room he sighed and pressed the spider emblem in the middle of the suit and let his skin tight suit drop to the floor.

"Uh-" Peter's eyes widened when he realised that he wasn't alone and spun around. Freya was stood there looking very flushed.

"Um-" Freya was quick to turn around but couldn't help but take a look at his toned chest.

Peter knew he was red with embarrassment but was quick to grab the clothes from his bag.

He cleared his throat when he was finished "Y-you can turn around now"

Freya turned around slightly disappointed that his top half was now covered with a hoodie.

She sat down on his bed "What do you want to do?" Peter say down next to her and took out the Star Wars box set from his bag "my friend Ned let me borrow this"

Freya stared at the box in his hands "What's that?"

Peter's eyes widened "you've never seen Star Wars?" He was more surprised when she shook her head.

"When working with Hydra there wasn't much time to sit down and watch a movie"

After they decided on what to watch and ordering a Pizza they both laid down on his bed.

About 30 minutes into the movie their food arrived. Once they had finished the food they laid down facing each other. No one talked for awhile but Peter decided it was time to bring up the question that he wanted to ask ever since he walked into the lab "Why were you in the lab with Mr Stark?"

Freya looked down at her arm "He wanted to take some of my blood to test it. Probably to find out what Hydra put in me in the first place"

Peter frowned "What do you think they did?"

Freya sighed and played with the hem of her shirt "Stark believes they used the 'Winter Soilder' serum"

"How long will it take to get the results?" Freya shrugged "He said a few hours"

They settled back down in silence and watched the film that they had completely forgotten about.

Freya rubbed her arms when a burst of cold air flew in from the open window.

Peter noticed this "Are you cold?"

Freya went to deny it but Peter wasn't backing down and surprised himself when he rested his hand on her side and pulled her closer.

Freya let out a sound of surprise as their chests collided. Peter had no idea where this bold move had come from.

He looked down at her "Is this okay?" Freya slowly nodded her head and let him warm her up.

○○○

A clearing of a throat awoke Peter a couple of hours later. Peter wasn't even aware that he had fallen asleep.

He looked down to see that they had moved position during the move so he was now on his back and her head rested on his chest as she slept.

"Parker" Peter's head shot up at the voice and his eyes widened when he saw Tony stood on the side of the bed with his arms crossed.

Tony looked at the sleeping girl resting on Peter then nodded towards the door "You need to come with me"

Peter managed to move out from under Freya and follow Tony towards the lab.

Tony walked over to the table and grabbed a vile and then handed it to Peter.

Peter looked down at the vile and the black liquid "What's this?"

"That is her blood"

Peter's eyes widened "Why is it black?"

Tony walked towards the monitor and pressed a few buttons "I assumed they used the same serum they used on Barnes but then Bucky's blood wasn't black so it's obvious they used something else"

"We spoke earlier of the day her parents died and that they worked in a lab which collapsed"

Tony brought up files from that incident "I always wondered how she got her ability, that maybe there was a possibility that she somehow got it from the explosion but that was not the case"

"She was born with it" Tony nodded his head sadly at Peter "I remember her parents, they were bloody good scientists but they did not harness that power"

Peter looked at Tony confused "Are you saying she's adopted?"

Tony smiled sadly "Yes. I have no idea what they were working on but-"

Peter cut him off "But you believe they enhanced her ability somehow, like they were working for Hydra"

Tony nodded "They've had this planned since she was born"

"Why are you telling me this and not her?"

Tony leant against the table "From what we talked about earlier, she loved her parents. Telling her about this will destroy her"