Chapter 46

The first thing Freya did was pulling Tony into a hug

The first thing Freya did was pulling Tony into a hug. She didn't bother hiding her tears as she held him tight. Tony held her just as tight and kissed the top of her head. Freya pulled back and wiped her tears away.

Steve walked over and patted her shoulder "Welcome to the family kid" Freya smiled and surprised him when she hugged him. He slowly put his arms around her and smiled.

She finally pulled away and made her way back to Peter. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into his side. He smiled down at her "How does it feel being a Stark?"

Freya looked up at him and smiled "It feels amazing"

Peter leant down and kissed her softly. Tony noticed this and groaned "No! we are not having you two lip locking this whole party"

Peter pulled back and kissed her temple before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards everyone.

Freya was feeling overwhelmed with everything. She finally had everything she's ever wanted right in this very room.

Freya turned to Tony and smiled "This is what you were doing while you were away wasnt it?"

Tony smiled and shrugged "I was just making sure everything was fine"

"Sir incoming call from the Secretary of State" Freya frowned when F.R.I.D.A.Y spoke. Tony sighed and ran his hand over his face "I swear this guy ruins everything"

Before anyone could say anything a hologram of the secretary popped up by the table "I'm not happy with you dodging my calls"

Tony sighed and sat up "Well that might be because I'm ignoring you"

Everyone stopped talking when they realised what was going on. Steve and Natasha both cursed under their breath when the secretary spotted them "I see you've been quite busy"

Tony stood up "yeah well we've had some mutual stuff to do"

Freya sat there awkwardly and the secretary noticed her "I told you to hand her over"

Freya looked at Tony hurt but Tony shook his head "And I told you I wasn't going to"

The secretary rolled his eyes "I don't care if she's your daughter or not Stark. She is a criminal and went against the accords"

Tony spun around to face him "She has proven that she's able to change. That was all in the past, she's a completely different person now"

The Secretary looked at Freya again but she avoided eye contact "Someone with that much blood on their hands is unable to change. You have thirty six hours to bring her in" with that the call was disconnected.

Freya felt tears well up in her eyes as she put her head in her hands.

She felt someone sit next to her and placed their hand on her back "We won't let them have you" Peter turned his head to Tony "right?"

Tony sighed "look I'll keep talking to him and come up with a compromise"

Freya sat up and shook her head "It won't work"

Freya looked down at her lap to avoid eye contact with everyone  "You can't compromise when they have been trying for years"

Peter looked at her confused "You knew they were going to come after you?"

Freya finally  faced him and nodded "remember I told you I have a long past" she then looked at Tony "and I told you I didn't want you in the crossfire"

They both nodded which caused Freya to sigh "Well this is it" Natasha sat down on the couch opposite her "Why do they want you?"

Natasha spent years looking for this girl, knowing everything Hydra did to her and she didn't even know what happened to cause the government to want to lock up a seventeen year old kid.

Freya looked down at her hands "It's not because of my involvement with Hydra. It's because of my parents"

She looked back at Tony "When I told you about my parents I lied. Hydra wasn't responsible for their death. I was"

Tony's eyes widened at her confession. She looked back down at her hands to avoid eye contact "I was ten. They had been experimenting on me for a while, I didn't find out about it until the day they died"

"The serum they were giving me didn't just make me stronger, it made me smarter. I went to their lab one day after school and I overheard them talking about me" Freya laughed bitterly "They called me an abomination. They called me a monster"

"They mentioned something about Hydra and that I was going to be their greatest weapon. I got so angry that I pictured the room burning and when I looked up the room was on fire"

Peter frowned at her words and went to place a reassuring hand on her knee but Freya only moved away from his touch causing him to frown. "You didn't have control"

Freya stood up "That's the thing Peter. I had complete control! I wanted them dead and when I looked up they were"

Freya looked up at Natasha who had tears in her eyes "S.H.I.E.L.D was already looking out for me then. They knew what I did and sent some agents to contain me but they couldn't, that was when Hydra got to me before someone else did"

Freya ran her hand through her hair "I didn't know until recently why it was never on my file with S.H.I.E.L.D."

Freya held back her tears as she looked around at everyone "I'm so sorry for not being honest and I'm sorry you guys are going to have to choose a side again"

Peter wanted so badly to reach out to her and give her a hug but he knew she'd most likely push him away, just like what she's doing to them all now.

Freya wiped a tear away and looked at Peter and Tony who's hearts were breaking "I'm so sorry I made this go on for so long but I thought that maybe my past would stay my past and I can finally have a normal life"

She smiled sadly at Tony "Don't worry about handing me over, I'll save you the pain of doing it." She looked over her shoulder at Peter who had tears in his eyes "I'm tired of running"

Natasha watched as Freya started to walk out of the room. She knew she couldn't let this girl run away again. She's fought so hard to find her and to bring her out of that darkness that Hydra put her in and she's not going to watch as she walked away again.

Everyone watched Freya as she walked out of the room but her body went into shock before she fell unconscious to the floor.

Peter stood up in surprise and ran over to check her. Natasha lowered her arm and faced Tony "Please tell me you have a plan"