Chapter 42

Once Freya got back to the compound she went straight to the kitchen to get some ice

She sighed in relief when she placed the ice pack on her jaw "You two did great out there"

Freya jumped and spun around the see Tony sat on the couch with a tablet. He held up the tablet "You two are all over the news. You two make a good team"

Freya leant against the counter "Thanks"

Tony walked over to her and took the ice pack off her jaw. He whistled when he saw the bruising.

Freya brushed him off and walked to the sink to get a glass of water "I'm fine don't worry"

Tony sighed "No you're not"

Freya put her glass down and gripped the counter "Peter and I were talking today about everything"

Tony crossed his arms "What about it?"

Freya sighed and turned around to face him "Maybe it's best if the whole adoption thing doesn't happen"

Tony looked at her confused "why not?"

Freya looked down sadly "Because of my past. There is a lot more to it than you know and if people find out they will hate me for it and I don't want any of you in the crossfire"

Tony sighed "Your past is your past. Whatever it is we will all protect you"

Freya looked at him angrily "What about protecting me from the accords? I have done a lot of stuff that they happy about, how can you protect me from them? Announcing me as an Avenger will have them coming knocking at the door"

Tony walked over to her and pulled her into a hug "Your past will be a part of you no matter what. We've all done things we are not proud of but have learned to live with it"

Freya held back her tears as he continued "You don't have to tell me what it is but I can tell you now you will learn to live with it"

Tony kissed the top of her head "Don't worry about the accords, I'll deal with it" He pulled back and smiled down at her "You have proven not just to me but to everyone that you can change for the better"

Tony wiped away a tear that left her eye "We have already fought to get you here. I'm going to keep fighting to keep you here with us"

Tony smiled "You're part of this family now, for good"

Freya smiled through her tears and nodded.

Tony stepped back "now you go up to bed you look exhausted"

Freya smiled and walked past him but stopped by the door and turned around "Hey Tony?"

Tony turned around "Yeah?"

Freya smiled "Thank You, For everything"

Freya then turned around and left the room. Tony sighed "Hey F.R.I.D.A.Y call the secretary"

○○○

The following day Peter and Freya were say on the couch watching a random movie.

However their version of watching a movie is having the movie on in the background while they basically make out on the couch.

Peter pulled away from the kiss and smiled "What if Mr Stark walks in?"

Freya shook her head and wrapped her arms around his neck "He's been living in his lab for the past couple of days"

Peter nodded at her answer and pulled her back into the kiss. He pushed her back gently and moved so he was hovering over her.

Another thought crossed his mind and he pulled away again causing Freya to groan "What now?"

Peter sighed "Doesn't he have security cameras everywhere?"

Freya rolled her eyes and grabbed his shirt "He doesn't look at them now come here"

She pulled him down to kiss him once again. His left hand went under her shirt and rested on the bare skin on her waist while hers went into his hair.

"I'm giving you guys ten seconds to make yourself decent!" Peter jumped off Freya so quick he would've given himself whiplash. Freya sighed in annoyance and sat up to readjust her shirt while Peter fixed his hair and moved so there was a gap between them.

Freya fixed her hair quickly before shouting down the hall "You can come in now!"

Tony walked in and sighed "come on guys, the couch really. That is what bedrooms are for"

Tony then grimaced and shook his head "wait don't do that, the couch is better"

Freya crossed her arms and leant back on the couch "What do you want?"

Tony made a face "To get that image out of my head" Freya rolled her eyes "Tony what is it?"

"I have to leave town for a bit to do some conferences and stuff" Freya gave him a look "Stuff?"

Tony rolled his eyes "yes stuff. Pepper is on your speed dial if you need anything and Happy is walking around here somewhere"

Freya smiled "I think I'll be fine"

Tony smiled and walked over to kiss the top of her head "I know you'll be"

Tony started to walk away but turned around and pointed at them "I swear if I get back and he gets you pregnant I'm going-"

Peter's eyes widened "Okay you can go now!" Tony laughed and walked away.

Once Tony was definitely gone Freya cuddled into Peter and started to actually watch the movie they completely forgot about.

By the end of the movie Freya was fast asleep. Peter looked down at her asleep on his chest and kissed the top of her head. He smiled against her hair and whispered the three words he's been wanting to say "I love you"