Chapter 8

Tallulah's POV ~

(Flashback to a few hours before)
As I lay lifelessly on the bedroom floor I receive a call from my phone, I turned the opposite direction choosing to ignore whoever it was hoping it'll suddenly go away . It stopped finally. I sigh getting ready to fall back in the pit hole I call my dreams it rings again I wondered if it was just my imagination or if the ringing increased in volume i winced in pain holding my head in my arms as I wearily reach for my phone 'BOSS' I stare at the contact pondering wether to answer it or not my luck betrays me and my finger accidentally clicks on the answer button I swear to myself holding the communication box to my ear shortly after "h-hello" I say stuttering slightly "Tallulah-is that you?" Says my manager I furrow my eyebrows in confusion "Yes-" "anyways" she cuts me off "we lost one of her staff she says she had an event to go for we need you here now" she states not giving me a choice "o-okay I'll be there in 15 min-" "don't be late" she says cutting me off once again ending the call shortly after I sigh in frustration already used to her attitude.

....................

I stare at the empty parking lot sighing "must be a slow day" I say murmuring to myself I wipe the tables once more refilling the coffee machines right after doing so , I grab a chair swiftly moving it behind the counter sitting on it fatigue taking over me slowly I gently lay my head on the counter forgetting my surroundings for a little period of time.

(Present timing )

I stare at him in complete shock with my mouth wide open "you alright love" he states his majestic voice ringing in my ears still "fuckk" I state remembering our past encounter ,he places his index finger on my lips shushing me"don't swear sweetheart it doesn't suit your innocent self" he says with a wink taking me back with shock he then puts his hands back in its original state .His touch still lingering on my dry lips sent sparks down my spine making me shiver slightly I turn my sleeves into sweat paws looking down my anxiety taking the best of me he stares at me in awe "you don't talk much do you?" he questions I nod in reply.my boss suddenly appears out of nowhere unluckily for me I was still sat down on my chair.

"Thornley why aren't you serving this nice young man stood here?!" She states slightly annoyed "i-i-I... wel-well actually-" i get cut off immediately "get back to work now!!" She shouts making me jump, slowly I get up but was immediately pushed back down by a force...it was Edan " How stupid of you" He starts "excuse me?" She says confused "you could clearly see that we were having a conversation" he continues ignoring her statement while glaring at her I slowly realise this is the first time I've actually referred to him by his name I stare at him shook"N-no th-hats " my boss says stuttering from his sudden outburst ,not gonna lie he did look a bit scary I almost wet myself"Where's your manager ?" He asks sternly "I am the manager" she says trying to contain herself "I believe I deserve an apology then" Edan says "and who are you to tell me what to do?" She questions trying to act brave Edan reaches for his phone, it rang shortly after he then shows the contact number to my boss her eyes widen in shock he moves his phone to his ear "hey Howard I'm having a bit of a problem here" he then pauses listening to the voice on the other line "yh there seems to be a manager of yours and she just verbally abused one of the staff right in front of me and the staff so happens to be a friend of mi-" friend?? did he just call me his friend??? "no no I'll apologise"she says cutting him off desperately Edan pauses for a second and mouths 'do it now' she sighs frustratedly and looks at me hesitantly "I'm sorry" she murmured quietly " what you saying love speak up" he says squinting his eyes "I'm sorry" she says a bit more clearly he nods in approval I giggle slightly trying not to show I was laughing "sorry Howard was a false alarm " he says staring at me like I had something on my face "yh really no problem at all I'll see you next month yh?" He asks through the phone "ok,I will" He then ends the call shortly after, my manager storms off through the back angrily I stare at her angry form in shock " you look pretty when you smile do it more often" he says staring at me. Did he just call me pretty???

"w-why did you just do that for me" I ask looking down shyly "why not anything to help a friend" there it goes again that friend word "o-oh" is all I could muster up "t-thank you" I say eyes still on the ground smiling slightly "w-what can I get you then?" I ask looking up at him I then realise that he'd been staring at me while I wasn't looking "w-what?" I ask confused "nothing you just look so familiar" he states with furrowed eyebrows "can I get 6 iced americannos to go please" He adds after I nod my head slightly in reply moving to the coffee machines he follows me like a lost puppy I gather up all my courage trying my best not to stutter "if you don't mind me asking?" I say "who did you call?" I ask avoiding eye contact he shrugs slightly "the owner"he says simply i give him a baffled look "she's the owner though" I say still confused he laughs suddenly "not of this shop silly" he says still laughing "of Starbucks" he states finally, sipping his coffee,I stare at him utterly speechless.

EDAN's POV~
She looks up at me shyly "H-here you g-go on the house" she says sliding my order across the counter I stare at her trying to figure out where I'd seen her from I then realise....I don't know her name " you know since where friends now it'll be nice to actually know your name I can't just keep referring you as assembly girl" I say chuckling after she stares at me looking down almost immediately "I-it's Tallulah " She says still shy I stare at her realising how cute she was " cute name" I say taking my coffee in one hand my phone rings suddenly checking the ID I realise it was Aron I look at my phone and back at her smiling "see you later lulah" I say she stares at me in shock I walk off simply leaving a confused girl behind in the coffee shop my phone stops ringing "oh shittt he's gonna spam now" I say to myself realising I should've answered his call I then decide to switch my phone off on the sole purpose of avoiding the trantrum of an 18 yr old man child and drive off quickly.

(Time skip)

I place the coffee gently on the counter "why did you ignore my call?!" States a frustrated Aron "I was busy okay?"i say trying not annoy him further "hey ar- Edan's!!! here where's the starbucks?" Says Max coming into the kitchen "no hello?? how was your drive??" I say jokingly " nahh too lazy" he says simply taking his coffee and walking off I roll my eyes slightly letting out a heavy sigh of exhaustion "you okay bro ?" Aron says taking one of the drinks while sitting down "yh just been a busy day" I say tiredly "where're the Guys?" I ask "they're in the game room" he says getting his phone out "I'm texting them to come up" "alright" I state simply resting my head on the table "did you have another one today ?" He asked looking at me seriously in concern "no" i say not wanting to speak about the subject any further "Edan you nee-" "yoooo edan's hereee" says an excited Troy cutting Aron off "was she good" Ryan says moving his waist in a grinding motion making me laugh Daniel walks in quietly taking his coffee sitting down before giving me a fist bump Max following behind "Edan my dad called saying you had some problems with one of his staffs?" He says confused "was just a misunderstanding don't worry about it" I say smirking slightly remembering what had happened he nods slightly sitting down opposite from Aron. "Shall we begin boys" aron says. As we get our briefcases out ,we all nod in approval as the night begins. this is going to be fun.

A/N
Some of you might be confused as to what happens at the end of this chapter but dw all will be reveiled..........soon😝👀✨