Part 1

I sat in the classroom, waiting for my class to begin. Everything was normal. The loud and "cool" kids were laughing and talking loudly with each other. The quiet kids were sitting by their tables, looking at their phones in complete silence and the clever kids already had their noses stuck in their school books, even though the lesson hadn't begun yet. Usually, I was one of the loud ones, but today I was too caught up in all of my thoughts. Where was she? She was supposed to be back today, right? At least that's what her mom had said. She had been gone for four weeks, but it was quite understandable since memory loss must be pretty hard to deal with...

"June?" someone said, interrupting my thoughts. Wait, that was my name.

"Are you listening?" asked my history teacher, mr Ramson. The lesson must have started without me noticing it, so of course I wasn't listening at all.

"Yeah, absolutely," I lied, trying to make it sound believable.

"Then you may answer the question." he said with a doubtful look on his face. I had no idea what question he was referring to, but just as I was about to make up some silly excuse I was saved by a girl bursting through the door. It was her. It was Caitlin. Caitlin had been my best friend for as long as I can remember and we had done so much together, everything between escaping from kindergarten and spending an entire summer in our secret tree house. Although now, I hadn't seen her for a long time. Four weeks ago Caitlin had been in a car accident, with the rest of her family. Luckily, all of them had survived and nobody had gotten any serious physical injuries, the only tragic thing about the accident was Caitlin's memory loss.

_____________

Author's note:

Hi! Thanks for reading!

This was actually a school assignment at first, but my friend convinced me to publish it here, so here it is! It's a short story which will be posted in six super short parts, about as long as this one was. Hope you'll enjoy it!

If you haven't already, you should also go read my other story "An extraordinary story also known as my life" (it used to be called "Death isn't Dead")

Vote, Comment, blah blah blah :)

~ Hanna