Part 5

After lunch, both Caitlin and I had a free period and since none of us had any idea what to do, we ended up on small cliff outside of the school, just talking and we had indeed a great time. At first we sat on the cliff in silence for a while. It was a comfortable silence though, not an awkward one. The schoolyard was empty, wich wasn't unusual considering it was in the middle of the day. It looked a bit deserted and the ground was covered in colorful leaves due to the autumn. Caitlin and I talked a lot on the cliff too, about whatever came to our minds. For her, it probably felt like we were getting to know each other, while for me it was more like catching up after a long time apart.

"You know something weird that happened to me while I was waiting for you before lunch?" she said with a small laugh.

"No, what happened?," I asked curiously.

"I stood in the hallway and waited for you. Then, I realized everybody was staring at me and I didn't know why, so I asked a girl who was staring and she just looked at me like I was totally crazy! Without giving me an answer! Isn't that weird!?" she laughed.

"No Caitlin! She wasn't the weird one, her reaction was completely understandable! It was you who was weird!" I smiled a bit, so she would know I didn't mean that in a bad way. "You can't just ask someone why they're staring!"

"But, then how am I supposed to find out?" she seemed confused.

"I don't know! Ask me perhaps!" I exclaimed. It felt like I was teaching a five-year-old the basic rules of the teenage society. "They were staring because the rumor of your memory loss has spread like fire. Everybody knows about it, I heard some girls talking about it in Spanish class. Apperantly there is a silly rumor going around that you lost your memory because you lost your brain in the crash!"

"Haha! That's hilarious!"she laughed.

"Yeah, but I hate it when people are talking about others behind their backs! That's what causes all these stupid rumors!" I was getting upset by only talking about it. Although, Caitlin seemed calm and even a tiny bit amused.

" So, wait. Have I understood this right? You hate when people are talking behind other's backs, but you still want me to ask you why they are staring? Isn't that talking about them behind their backs?" she said, giving me a questioning look. Since when had she gotten so smart?

___________

Author's note:

So here is part 5, hope you like it :) The next part will be the last one.

If you find any mistakes, please point them out and I'll fix them.

Thanks for reading, remember to vote, comment and all that stuff :)

~ Hanna