Chapter 1: Villain Recruitment: Zero, Tundra and Core

Midoriya's POV
Quirks. Quirks are the building block of our superhuman society.

If you get a weak quirk, you are teased or generally left alone. If you are one of the gifted, that received powerful and flashy quirks, people praise you. But I was neither.

I was quirkless until......

My tenth birthday, when my father gave me a quirk.

Light absorption, the ability to take light and transform it into any form of energy.

I was unconscious for a good day or so when I got my quirk.

I woke up in a dark room. Although I wasn't sure if I did wake up the room was so dark. It was like an empty void that could never be filled.

"A void that can never be filled huh..."

I felt as if the empty void of that the room was , was similar to my heart dark and empty.

I was not born out of love. My father had kidnapped my mother and forced her to have me.

My mother, I was always curious of her so I jumped at the chance to learn about her even if I had to eavesdrop.

I hid near a wall as my guardian, Kurogiri and Doctor Ujiko talked about her.

I was expecting to hear an extension of my father's story about her.

I never expected that.....

Father always said that she died at childbirth.

Never that she commited muicide after giving birth to me.

When I found this out, I couldn't look my father the same way again.

So I made a plan. To get revenge for my mother.

I went out at night and went to the park, and that's where I met Shouto Todoroki.

We learn that we had similar backgrounds, his dad abused his mom for her quirk. Similar to mine, his mother also commited suicide.

After a while of talking, we decided to form a group. We named it The Phantoms.

Since it was getting late, Shouto said I should probably go home.

When I offered to bring him with me, he declined saying he needs to deal with something first.

I follow the instructions of Mamagiri(Kurogiri) And I walk through the alleyways not allowing anyone to see me.

Throughout my life, Kurogiri always told me to avoid the streets.

While I walk down the dark and damp alleyway, I feel a hand at my shoulder.

ATTEMPTED RAPE WARNING
"Cute little boy.... *chuckle*" he said. "Maybe m and my buddies could play with you?"

They felt at my crotch. "He-hey STOP!"

"Haha liar you like it, don't you?" He said in response.

"You've all made a very bad mistake" a voice said.

I turn my head to see a girl with shoulder length brown hair wearing a mint green jacket, a pink shirt and folded short jeans.

She bolts over and slaps her hand on the people who were assaulting me and they started to float in the air.

I stand there paralyzed for a bit then once I regained myself I said.

"Thanks for saving me"

"If you wanna thank me I need a favor"

"What's the favor exactly?"

"I need a place to stay you seem like you have a place"
~~~
And that's the start of the story. This is a short chapter first because my co-writer insisted on the chapter being like this.

Yes, I have a co-writer only for this story though.

My other story The MPD Cat Boy has some ideas from The_Quirkless_Weeb16 but is mostly my creation.