The Butcher (Part 2: Soliloquy)

Later on, a few hours after the arrest of "The Butcher" was declared, Hank and Connor were hailed as heroes in the department.

When the two partners in crime got home at Hank's house, Hank decided to talk to Connor, who was sitting on his couch next to Sumo, Hank's dog.

"Hey, you alright, Connor?" Hank asked the silent android.

"I was programmed to do only what's necessary to accomplish my mission, but..." Connor paused.

"But I went too far with The Butcher, I almost killed him." Connor added. "What is wrong with me?"

"It's okay, kid." Hank said as he sat down next to Connor. "You were just overwhelmed, that's all. It's not your fault your emotions got the best of you."

Connor then began to think back on his times with Angelica, how she was so fierce, yet so kind, how she stood up for Connor whenever Detective Gavin Reed was messing around with him, how she always hummed so beautifully while on her desk at work.

One moment in particular stuck to Connor like glue. It was when he and Angelica were investigating a case about a corrupt policeman named Gabriel Brown, and how she took a bullet for him when Brown nearly shot Connor. Connor apologized to Angelica at that time for not being able to respond quickly enough, but she cut him off, and said...

"No need to apologize, Connor. Besides, it's what friends do, right? We look out for each other," she said with a smile that was as bright as the sun. A smile that Connor still remembers to this day.

"What matters now Connor is that we were able to bring Angelica's killer to justice, Hank said, resting his hand on one of Connor's shoulders.

More tears began to flow out of Connor's eyes, and then Hank pulled Connor into a warm, comforting embrace.

"It's okay, son. It's alright. Just let it all out." Hank said.

Connor threw all sense out the window and started to cry so hard, he clung to Hank. His sorrowful cry echoed across the room, longing for his lost friend.

But she's gone now, and Connor might never be able to forgive himself for failing to save her.

THE END...?