"Friends with an android" (a prequel to "The Butcher")

Characters:

Connor (Bryan Dechart)

John Denver (James McAvoy)

John was, and is, a simple and happy man

John was, and is, a simple and happy man. He has a nice job as a detective in Detroit's police department, a complete and loving family, a great childhood, a well-made house and many more. Sure, he's had a few speed bumps in life, but those things didn't stop him from pursuing his dreams and living his life to the fullest.

He sat alone on his chair, his hands on his desk, typing away at his laptop. Today, he and his fellow detectives: Connor, an android, and Hank, and old timer, successfully brought down a drug dealer in Detroit. It wasn't easy though, as the dealer nearly got away, but thankfully, the ever calm and calculative android Connor stopped him dead in his tracks.

As John was busying himself, typing in his report for the day, a friendly voice called out to him.

"Hello, John," said Connor, the calm and calculative android with short black hair, brown eyes, and an ever so welcoming smile.

"Sup, dude? I'm fine. Just typing in my report for the day." John happily replied. "How about you, Connor?"

"I'm fine as well," Connor replied. "By the way, may I talk to you about something? After you finish your report, of course."

John gave Connor a simple nod.

"At Andy's Cafe, just near the station," Connor replied.

"Okay, got it." John replied, giving a salute to Connor as Connor thanked him and walked away.

Finally, the work time is over, and John walked over to "Andy's Cafe" to meet Connor. When he entered the cafe, he was welcomed by many different scents, scents that made John's stomach growl with hunger.

"Damn," John said to himself. "Where's Connor, though?"

He looked around the cafe, searching for his android friend. He checked the tables on the ground floor, but Connor isn't there. He then decided to go up the stairs to the second floor, but the android was nowhere in sight.

'Weird,' John thought. 'Could he be late? No, no way. Connor's never late.'

Just then, his phone beeped from inside his pocket.

The message said: "BACK ALLEY," and it was from... Connor? The message, to John's surprise, was in all caps.

Then, all of a sudden, it kept on repeatedly sending, over and over again, still in all caps.

Concerned for Connor's welfare, he ran outside the cafe and headed straight or the back alley as fast as he could.

When he finally reached the back alley behind Andy's cafe, he was shocked to find Connor being surrounded by men with crowbars and baseball bats. They were beating him, and Connor lay on the ground, defenseless.

"Hey!" John yelled, his gun already in hand, pointed at the men. "Detroit police! Nobody moves!"

He immediately caught the armed men's attention, as proven by the fact that they turned around to face him. They wore white masks that covered the entirety of their faces.

'Shit,' John said to himself. Now John just realized who these men are: they're members of "The Phantomex Gang," a pain in the ass for the force, as John puts it. They're a famed criminal gang responsible for robbing numerous banks across Detroit.

Realizing the danger of the situation, John immediately grabbed his radio and contacted the station.

"This is officer John Chastity. I need immediate back-up here at the back alley behind Andy's café. We've got a sitch here involving some members of The Phantomex Gang here, over." John said on the radio.

Just as he finished calling for back-up, the members of The Phantomex gang began running towards him.

John was able to fire two rounds at two incoming assailants, but the third guy managed to knock his gun away with a baseball bat, causing it to fall to the ground. John was able to connect a punch across the guy's face, and another punch to the fourth incoming guy's gut, then he quickly grabbed the guy by the shoulders and knee kicked him to the face. Problem is, the fifth and the sixth guys got to him and then knocked him to the ground. John was able to block a few of their punches with his arms, and was able to kick both men in the groin area, causing them to step back a bit. John took this small window of opportunity to jump back up and punch them straight across their faces, knocking them out cold.

After the fight, John quickly ran to Connor, who lay on the ground, bleeding and broken, and seemingly unconscious.

"Connor!" Yelled John as he ran to his friend. "Connor, Connor! Connor, can you hear me? Connor? Connor!"

5 hours later...

The entire world was black. There was nothing but pitch black darkness. But as Connor began opening his eyes, colors began to appear. First, there was pure white, with the blue colored text "SYSTEM ACTIVATING" appearing before him. Then colors began flashing in front of him. Little by little, his vision began to clear, and his hearing began to become more sensible. Eventually, it all became clear, and both Connor's vision and hearing systems went back to normal, and after a full system diagnostics check, Connor was able to get back up on his feet. He found himself sitting on a worn-out red couch. He also found a St. Bernard dog resting just a few centimeters away from the couch. He recognized the dog as "Sumo," thus telling him one thing: he's in Hank's house.

"Hey, Connor," said John as he walked over to Connor from the hallway. "How are you feeling? Ya okay?"

"My system diagnostics check states that I am in good condition, John. I believe I am alright." Connor said. "How long have I been inoperable?"

"Well, if I remember correctly, you've been out for almost five hours. Gosh, Connor, you almost got me worried, dude!" John stated.

"I apologize for the inconvenience I may have caused you, John." Connor replied.

"No need to apologize, bro. You didn't do anything wrong." John told Connor.

"What happened? It appears my memory has no recollection of what occurred within the past five hours." Connor said, causing John to worry a bit.

"Well, I found you getting beaten up by some thugs in the back alley of Andy's. I was able to take them out long enough for back-up to arrive, then I got you to the nearest repair shop ASAP. The repairmen told me they did a number on you, which was VERY obvious. Luckily, they were able to get ya patched up." John said.

"Thank you, John. I believe I owe you one," Connor said, smirking.

"No need, bro. Besides it's what friends do, right?"

Connor's cheeks flush a bright blue, and he smiles wider.

"Of course," Connor replied.

"So, bros?" John said as he held out his fist to Connor.

"Bros," Connor replied, as both John and Connor did the brofist.