Chapter 9

prt 9

Dinner was quiet, and afterwards, they cleaned up. Whatever wasn't eaten was packed in tinfoil and packed away in the refrigerator. Randy and Simmy were sleepy and walked up to their own room. Davis was doing dishes while Moonie was finishing putting things away. She tilted her head some, eyes closed. 

"She's not coming down?" Davis fidgeted. 

"Bro, calm it." Moonie gently punched his arm. "Donovan gave her a healing session, and they're both pretty tuckered out now." 

"Oh." Davis let out a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. ".....You and Devonny shouldn't be so mean."

Moonie opened her eyes, giving him a glare. "Donovan shouldn't make dumb, Hatchling mistakes." she licked marinara off her finger tips. "The girl was agitated, and I'm pretty sure the idiot imprinted on her."

Davis almost dropped the dish he was washing. "Seriously?"

"Not a hundred percent sure, but they're reaction was genuine. So we'll just have to wait and see." Moonie said, leaning on Davis as he worked. 

"....This would go alot faster if you helped." he said, looking at all the dishes soaking in sudsy water. 

"I'm fine." Moonie said. 

Davis sighed, continuing with his work. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A little girl sat in front of the television, sitting at the end of her grandmother's bed. Her Mother was in the kitchen cooking breakfast and watching the news. School was over, so she just woke up early for the morning cartoons, then went back to bed until everyone else was awake so they could go swimming. Sailor Moon ended, and she turned to look at the full length mirror. Her dark hair, brown skin, and dark eyes made her frown. She wished she looked more like Serena or better yet, Rini, since pink was her favorite color. 

The little girl stood up in front of the mirror, and thought hard on what she wanted. "Moon! Prism! Power!" She threw up her hand, and did her own poses and dance moves. When she finished, looking at her eyes, and smiling wide at her hair.

She had done it! She did a Sailor Scout transformation! She laughed and pulled her hair into two uneven pigtails. "Perfect!"

"Jessa! Come eat some breakfast!" her mother called. She turned on her heal and ran, wouldn't Mama be so impressed with her trick!

"Mama!" she squealed, running into the kitchen. "Mama! Look! I'm like Rini!"

"What are you going on ah--" Her mother stared at her, dropping the pot of oatmeal she had been transferring from the stove to the table. "Wh-what is this...honey?"

"I'm like Rini! See?" She showed off her pink and blonde hair. "And I got Serena's eyes Looky!" She blinked her now blue eyes. "Aren't I pretty, Mama?"

She stared at her. "Sweetheart.... no.... we.... we talked about this." she said, trying to keep her tone even. There was fear in her eyes, and her tone spiked. The little girl frowned, feeling like she made her mother mad. "Change your hair back. And your eyes. I never want to see you like this again, Jessamine."

"But...." she gripped the end of her T-shirt, the pink power ranger and her pteradoctyl megazord. "Mama....I...." 

"Change back!" she shouted. Her eyes went wide and fear burst forth. Her hair flashed black, along with her eyes. She reached up and tugged harshly at the hairties. She whimpered, crying out when her mother reached out to help her. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up with a nasty crick in my neck. It was late, and all I could really think was how thirst I was. I spotted the glass of water from earlier and drank the entire thing. I sat in the dark for a few moments, before my bladder said we needed to empty. I walked around in the dark after relieving myself.