Brynjolf x Reader

Requeted by~ MysticalJedi

Maven glared as I was sorting important thief papers. I put them in a filing cabinet, then smiled at Maven, who only scoffed and walked away. I made an innocent, yet curious look, then continued sorting the papers. Brynjolf looked towards Maven suspiciously, sneaking to the shadows. He followed Maven to her office, finding her writing a letter to an assassin from the Dark Brotherhood. Cicero. Maven muttered what she was writing angrily, nearly breaking the quill in her hand.

"What are you up to, lass..." Brynjolf asked quietly before sneaking out.

~

A day later, a fool showed up to the Guild.

"Ohhh, Cicero is only here for the thievery! Nothing more...nope! Not a thing more." He told me after I asked him why he was there.

"Well...I hope you like this, Cicero." I smiled awkwardly. I walked away, a smile on my lips. Cicero stared at me, an ebony dagger in his hand. He smiled wickedly, but a certain red haired hottie was watching from the shadows.

"Planning something?" Brynjolf asked, folding his arms unhappily.

"Ah, the redhead!" Cicero giggled insanely. He sighed contently, sitting down on a chair, leaning back a little, a bottle of mead in his opposite hand.

"Cicero, what are you planning to do to Y/n?" Cicero stabbed his dagger into the wooden table, making it stick up.

"Little, poor Cicero? Hurt Y/n? He'd never! Not the Guild master! Certainly not her. Anyone but her." Cicero giggled. Brynjolf glared and took the dagger in his hand, walking away.

"Stupid jester..." Brynjolf muttered, stabbing the weapon on his wall in his room. Suddenly, he noticed red, questionable liquid drawn onto the dagger.

'You're too late...' was all it said. Brynjolf's green eyes widened in horror. He ran out, searching for me. He looked in my room, looked for Rune (I always hung out with him), looked everywhere! No where did he find me. He growled and ran out of the guild, running to the last place he could think I could be... the Dawnstar Sanctuary.

"CICERO!" Brynjolf yelled, his accent becoming thicker.

"Oh. You found me. You found poor, little Cicero." Cicero brought a separate dagger and held it to my neck. I whimpered, trying to break the chains that held me against the wall.

"Let the lass go." Brynjolf said calmly. Cicero held the dagger deeper in my skin, seeing the red blood trickle down my neck. Brynjolf has had enough of the sight, and jumped on the small fool, stealing the dagger and stabbing it in his neck, not taking it out. He twisted the dagger sideways, earning a laugh from Cicero. The warm, red blood poured out of his mouth.

"You've got the wrong fool!" Cicero said. He suddenly faded and turned into a pile of dust. Suddenly, Brynjolf screamed in pain, making me scream. The real Cicero has stabbed him with a knife. In the back. What a backstabber.

"BRYNJO- mmmMM!" Cicero put his hand over my mouth, silencing my screams.

"Shhh... you'll be all okay once I'm done with you~!" Cicero laughed. Brynjolf growled, standing straight, ignoring the pain that was yelling at him. He grabbed the knife in his back wrapped his arm around Cicero tightly from behind, stabbing Cicero in the chest, neck, and head fifteen times. Five times the chest, five times the neck, five times the head. Cicero screamed out in pain. He coughed up blood and held his neck, trying to stop the blood flow. He gagged, stumbling towards Brynjolf to snag the knife. Unfortunately, Cicero fell on the cold, hard floor, knocking the wind out of him. He grunted and stared off into space, his golden eyes fading. Brynjolf quickly grabbed the key to unlock me from the wall, which made me fall forward. He caught me, bringing me up into his arms. He held me and I was silently crying.

"Am I... is he..." I stuttered,

"You're safe..." Bryn whispered. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. He brought me back to the guild, smiling.

"Let's run the guild together? I know who wanted you dead, after all." Brynjolf said.

"Yeah, let's run the guild together... who wanted me dead?"

"Maven. She was thinking you were having too much fun with your ruling. Such pitiful woman. Hey, where is Maven, anyways?" Brynjolf asked as he stepped into the guild, earning a few glances from the members.

"Poor old Maven got hit by a wagon transporting daggers. Who knew she'd go that way?" Rune said, wiping a spear tear.

"Don't feel sorry for her. She-"

"...Tried killing Y/n.." Rune said, "too bad. She even left the dagger with the note in your room!" Rune chuckled sadly. "Pity."

~~~~~~
I feel like the ending sucks and was rushed? Whoops....? I also feel like a got the plot wrong...😅
816 words.
Art by me