nine

Shopping & Thrills

"Pick up any," he mutters, uninterested.

"But isn't it a bit too small. I like the baggy ones," he mentally facepalms at my verbal opinion, his eyes narrowing. The disadvantages of shopping with guys - most of them do not have the patience to care about fashion or taste in general. It's not like I'm complaining, but--I mean, it's the truth of life. "Okay fine, I'll go check the gents section instead," I sarcastically mouth.

"Don't." He immediately retorts, not quite getting me, "you're very small to fit in em."

"I know, I was kidding."

"You need to improve in it if so," he sniffs disapprovingly, his dark eyes seemingly bored.

I head out towards the other section, where a number of hangers are laden with oversized plaid-shirts, light coloured spring wears, summer clothes and cotton frocks.

We've been shopping for forty minutes now. Jungkook has brought the necessary grocery for home and is waiting for me to be done with shopping, too. He's not really helping me out to sort out my clothes. I've picked up some very plain t-shirts, two knee-length frocks, a pair of denim jeans and casual kaki-shorts, and also bought a pair of converses. And not to forget undergarments – the basics.

Even though I've gone through the price tags, I'm not sure if they are expensive or cheap. The amount seems quite huge though. I need time to get used to the huge numbers.

I'm not even sure if I can afford all these things from the salary he would pay me. The fashion here is elegant and a bit westernised with originality of their own. As far as I've noted, people here care a lot about looks, beauty and how they present themselves in day to day life. I'm not a fan of skin care products but I've grabbed a face wash, concealer and a small regular make up kit for later use.

"Aren't you done yet?" he asks from somewhere behind me. I shake my head sideways. He takes a significant amount of time to scan me before lipping 'okay, alright' from that distance. Even though he is pretty bored, he's not really annoyed. Or not rolling his eyes. He simply yawned twice for which I don't blame him. I'm actually anticipating for the third one. With the amount of time I've spend with him, it's obvious, girls are head over heels for him. He's got those godly vibes.

The middle-aged and elderly woman here especially seem to drool over his charms, perhaps wishing for a son like him. And the girls, who presumably are as young as highschool students shifts their admiring gazes on him while not even trying to not look so obvious.

They must be have perceived me as his girlfriend because we do look like a typical couple out for shopping on a sunny, fresh day. Smiles getting plastered sometimes on either his lips or mine, (that's a different thing that it is hardly him, he mostly smiles when I do something clumsy or stupid.) And since it's weekend, it is more prominent for couples to go out on dates.

A foreigner dating a Korean is perhaps somewhat a deal, especially for some people as they particularly do not stop glancing in our direction when I'm speaking. Although, I do look a Korean and can easily camouflage myself but I would get caught at the very instance I open my mouth - to blurt out a foreign language.

The little difference make some individuals' ears to perk up (while others don't care,) and I become extraterrestrial in their eyes.