seven pt. 2

A little delay

It is almost seven in the evening now. I'm going through Jungkook's highschool drawing book that I came across by chance in the lowest shelf of the study room. He had sketched many things and made sure to fill each paper gracefully. Some drawings are intentionally ruined by him to add humour to his art. It's funny to see a snowman laughing while a metallic anime-kind-of-sword is piercing through its stomach.

Jungkook and Taehyung are currently watching a television show, and laughing by themselves. The volume of the TV is so high that I can hear the background laugh of audience from here.

I'm feeling bored and staying away from Jungkook's vicinity. Earlier when I was sitting next to them, thinking about some random things and trying my best not to look like a loner, I saw him glancing at me a few times. Although he was pretending to listen to what his friend was saying, he couldn't concentrate on that.

I understand it, we haven't yet got the opportunity to talk about the decision he left to me. I'm happy as well as upset that all the events have postponed due to Taehyung's presence. I want to talk to him and discuss about what he has to offer and how I am going to pay back. I want to make things even. I have made a mental list of the conditions I will put forward while agreeing to stay here and be his assistant. It includes helping him with household chores like doing dishes on alternate days, doing laundry when required and other stuff to make it up to the depts.

Everything should be even.

I am an unexpected guest at his home, who will stay a bit longer than any usual one so it is quite obvious, Jungkook is a little tensed. He isn't showing it though. It is just my gut feeling.

And I think, Taehyung has caused his tension to level up as it is impossible for us to settle on a few matters – in his presence. Taehyung is nice and is easy-to-approach kind. He thinks Jungkook and I are a little close since we're staying together which is very ironic because we know nothing about each other. It's nil.

The television has gone silent for a while now. They must have switched it off. I keep the book back at its place and come out of the study.

Both of them are not here anymore, their voices are coming from the kitchen. Jungkook's tone is a bit whiny, and it turns thin when he speaks in English, "don't mess around, hyung."

" 진짜 [Really], I'm doing it correct."

I sidle up to the kitchen doorway and glance at them. Taehyung is cutting onions beside Jungkook, who is mixing up some sauce in a huge bowl. Both of them have tears welling up at their eyes. "Do it properly, hyung," Jungkook complains, wiping the corner of his eye with his clothed forearm. He mumbles the rest in Korean which hops off my head swiftly.

"Um-do you guys need help?" I ask, which make both of them turn their gazes in my direction, attention completely shifting on me.

"N-no, we are fine," Jungkook says, in spite of looking oddly uncomfortable with his friend's work. Taehyung first give a quick glance at Jungkook and then at me, something plays in his mind and he doesn't mind saying, "no, my eyes sting," in a high-pitched child-like tone. "Please do it for me. I'll go buy the spices from the store instead."

"We have enough already," Jungkook grits his teeth, glaring at his buddy.

"We don't." The other argues, then turns away from him to look at me, "help Jungkookie."