ten pt. 2

Pretend date

I'm lying over my bed--flat on my chest with legs curled up and half floating in air, one hand holding a pen, the another one over the keyboard of the laptop. After the first vivid glimpse of my past, I'm anxious to find out my identity.

"I prepared sweet potatoes for you," Jungkook calls me out from downstairs, his voice hardly reaching my ears, and remains unheeded deliberately.

I'm keeping myself busy with internet and trying to dig up the places in Seoul which either start or end with 'sparks' or simply called the same. And there are a tonne of places where I could have visited before the tragic incident of my memory loss. There are too many. Some 4-5 cafés, 2-3 clubs, cosmetics shops, random boutiques and one or two flower shops, to add that--few parks.

I don't know if I should consent Jungkook about it. I'm afraid he might flatly show defiance to my hunt over it. After all, the random cap dude could have just bluffed out to grab my attention, but I have this gut feeling that he wasn't lying about it. He did seem to recognize me by my face, already.

The bedroom doors swings open, interrupting my bubbling thoughts. "Why aren't you answering, Sky?"

I quickly bounce off my position and sit over my knees, yanking the notepad in reflex. "Sorry. Didn't hear you."

"Anyway, come downstairs. Dinner is ready," he is slightly pissed off over something, it is clearly leaking off all over his expressions. It's still somehow cute.

"Jungkook," he turns at my call. I form small fists in nervousness, "I was t-thinking uhh why don't w-we. . ."

He tilts his head, "we?" his eyebrows raised. He ruffles his hair out of habit while anticipating for me to complete.

"--hang out often. I want to see Seoul better," right. This is an opportunity to ask him about sparks.

"As you wish," he shrugs with a hollow expression.

"Have you heard of sparks?" As soon as I lip it, I feel agitated by his suspiciously unsettled look.

"It's one of the night clubs, right?"

"I guess, we could go hang out there sometime?"

"That's not your kind of place, Sky, trust me," he says with concern and hesitancy blended in his tone. I don't know what my type of place is according to him or what he assumed me to be. Nevertheless, the softness and evident concern in his tone makes me rethink about not telling him the truth.

"No, uh you didn't get me. It's um...," come on, tell him the truth. Sky.

Or come up with a super smooth excuse.

"You just said this morning that you live the art you create, right?" I pause as I wait for him to react. He simply nods with an interesting and vaguely piqued look. "So why don't we really live it?"

"What?" he looks totally clueless. Honestly same. I am trying to add in something which fits my already initiated conversation. And I'm not sure if I'm going the correct way.

I breathe in, before saying.

"Be my pretend date."

Here goes the work of my non-existent goldfish size brain.

Just great.

He looks pretty shocked. Even though it's quite clear that he tries to stay collected, but he miserably fails as a discreet shade of pink seethes through his cheeks.

"What did you say? I didn't catch up," he asks to confirm just in case he misheard me. For a second, I think, I saw a faint, shy simper on his lips but it disappeared in the blink of an eye. The ends of my lips twitch into a small smile which naturally appears to emulate his smile. I swear, I try to compose myself.

"Let's live the plot," I start. He analyzes my face, leaning over the door-frame with a blank expression. "Let's just live a story of our own and embed it into the manga. You know, uh ideas come from experiences."

I smooth the side of my hairs, letting my gaze fall onto the floor. I know he might reject me-I mean the idea. I close my eyes, expecting him not to say anything in my favour. He clears his throat, and I look back at him.

"That's a good idea but you might end up regretting it. The thing is, I'm the worst boyfriend material ever," he chuckles, folding his arms over his chest. "You wanna take the risk?"

The teasing tone he lashes over his every dialect makes me sneer at him. "If it's you, it's worth the risk."

I guarantee it, he probably would be the best boyfriend material ever that every girl who haves him would love to brag about. Why does it make my heart clench?

"Jokes apart. You really wanna do it?" he questions, still not able to digest my words. I squirm at my position uncomfortably knowing how uncertain I am about the idea of what I just came up with, even lying to him evokes a sense of foreboding within my gut.

"Yes, . . . and let's start from the club," nonetheless, I do great at pretending. The tingling sensation I feel whenever he gives me prolonged stares than usual, that too with this kind of dubious look, makes me press my fingers together.

"You seem to have a thing for sparks," he insouciantly shrugs.

I really do.

"Maybe."

"Whatever. Dinner's ready, let's get downstairs," he beckons me to follow him. I plunge out of my-technically his-bed at his demand while he prepares to leave. He turns to me before exiting, "and by the way, try to open up a bit. Feel free to approach me about the matters that bother you. You don't need to hide things." He points towards the notepad over the bed.

"Uh," an unprepared and involuntary sigh effuse out of my mouth. It leaves me speechless at how proficiently he can comprehend people's mind.

He notices the moment of brief brainstorm I am having right now. Not sure how to put it but he's surely realized something fishy about me asking him to be my date. Reframing it, pretend date. I've been emphasizing on suddenly going out for clubbing which is alone offbeat about my behaviour today.

I stay tight-lipped which eventually makes him scratch the nape of his neck in an apologetic look for being so blunt. "I can't promise to give you the absolute solution but I can help you, somehow," He pauses, then with the intention to lighten up my mood, he lets a bad boy descend into him," I don't bite."

I blink my eyes. "What?" A smirk gets plastered over his face, overwhelmed with my expression.

"Not until you allow me to," he further adds, ruffling his brown hairs and swiftly walks away, deliberately disappearing from my sight at a breakneck speed. I stare at the empty corridor for a good minute, then later giggle to myself instead of trying my best to be composed at his lame jokes. Somehow he didn't fail to notice the frail tension rising and piling up within me, which may explode in future eventually.

It amazes me to a great extent that he's quite an observant person who could read you like an open book with simply a brief but deep eye-contact, accompanied by a little conversation. It's indeed a talent itself.

So, he's my pretend date now?

___________

A/N: it's a short update :) Hope it was cute.

To the old readers, this chapter is not a new-written one, I have cut the last part of chap 10 and first part of chapter 11 to create this one. The new-written part is available in the end of chap 11 where Sky have had seen a glimpse of past.

Ps. Happy birthday to Taehyung!!