Six

~*~ Ariana's POV ~*~

"My name is nurse Maria, your father has been in an accident" She said.

"What? Is he okay?" I asked quickly.

"He's unstable at the moment but we would like you to come down, we will call your brother after this call so we can talk to all of you" She said.

"My brothers right here, I'll tell him on the way" I said which made James snap his attention at me.

"Okay, just ask for Maria when you get here and I'll explain where we are" She said.

"Okay thank you" I said.

"You welcome Mrs. Peterson" She said.

I hung up the phone and stood up.

"What's wrong?" James asked.

"We need to go to the hospital" I said rushing towards the front of the restaurant.

"What? Why?" James asked rushing behind me.

"It's dad" I said without giving an explanation.

"Is he alright?" James asked.

"I don't know they wouldn't tell me on the phone, that's why we're going to the hospital" I said getting in his car.

He was silent as he got in and the entire ride was silent. Neither of us knew what to say until we get there and they tell us what the hell is going on. James swung into a parking spot and we got out only to practically run into the hospital.

"Nurse Maria, where is she?" I asked the front desk lady.

"Floor 3 room 3-128" She said looking at her computer screen.

I took off running towards the elevator with James behind me confused. We got to the room and it was an office room. My mom was sitting in front of the desk.

"Ariana, James, please take a seat" Maria said pointing towards two open chairs.

"How is he?" I asked sitting down.

"Not well" She said.

"What happened?" My mom asked.

"He must have been driving when a truck came from the right and slammed into his car, thankfully it was not the left or he would have been dead on site. We will keep him in the ICU until it's not needed but he only has a 30% of making it through, I'm sorry" She explained.

Speechless. I was just speechless. My father, the man who made me, only has a 30% chance of living. This cannot be happening. I must be dreaming. That's it! This is all just one nightmare.

"Is there anything that can be done to save him?" My mom asked fighting back the tears.

"I'm afraid not" Maria said shaking her head.

James was as stunned as me but my mom broke down. She bawled into her hands and James put his arm around her. I was just staring at my shoes. How can this be happening? No, this cannot be happening. I refuse to believe this is true. I dug my nails into my leg to see if I could feel the pain, it hurt like hell.

"We'll give you some time to take this all in" Maria said standing up.

She left the room and we all just took in the hell we were just told. James stayed stone while my mom bawled into his shoulder. I just stared dumbfoundedly at my shoes. Why is this happening to me? Why.

At 8:30 that night Maria ran back in saying my fathers ribs collapsed. He died at 8:56pm.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

a/n

Okay you guys are freakin awesome!!!! I can believe I got 36 reads in like 6 hours. I love you all so much and I can't believe how much of a success this book is becoming!!

I'm done with the certain amount of reads for a new chapter because I can't keep up with you peoples! Next chapter will be posted as soon as it's finished!!

Love you my penguins!!!