Wounded (Huey x Reader)

A Huey x Reader, as requested by sue8121990

(apperently it didn't tag the first time...)

~~~

Huey liked to take walks to clear his mind. He did it when things at home or school got stressful. Right now he was taking a walk, though nothing was wrong this time. He had just felt like it.

His best friend, (and slight crush) (Y/n), was tagging along with him. She smiled as they walked, breathing in the fresh air.
"Today is such a beautiful day!" she said. Huey nodded. Not as beautiful as you, he thought.

As the two of them walked, they were met with a butterfly, a small lizard, and several bees. He had to defend (Y/n) from the bees. They frightened her, even though Huey told her "The Junior Woodchuck Guidebook states that bees do not sting unless provoked".

Soon, the path became littered with small rocks, instead of the dirt and grass that had been there before. (Y/n) huffed, beginning to get tired from all the walking.

"You okay?" Huey questioned. (Y/n) nodded.

"Yeah." she replied. Even though she was super tired of walking, she didn't want to end their time together. She enjoyed it a lot. Huey was smart, quick-witted, and overall a great duck to be around.

While (Y/n) was engaged in her thoughts, her foot slipped, and she fell forward onto the hard rocks. Huey quickly, but gently, helped her to her feet, and sat her down on a bench nearby.

As Huey examined her, he saw that she had scrapes on her knees, arms, hands, and elbows, and some scratches on her legs. He also noticed her tear-brimmed eyes. He sat down and pulled her in for a hug, careful not to agitate her scrapes and bruises.

"It hurts." (Y/n) sighed, sniffling as a tear fell down her cheek. Huey pulled away and started going through his backpack. He pulled out a smallish box.

"I'm going to take care of all the major cuts and bruises, and when we get back to the mansion, we can make sure everything's properly taken care of, okay?" he said. (Y/n) nodded. Huey pulled out a wipe with some medication stuff in it, "This may sting, (Y/n)." he saw the tiny speck of fear in her eyes, and held out his hand, "Squeeze my hand if you need to." She took his hand, and he began wiping the blood off of some spots, and dirt and germs off others. (Y/n) braved it out with only a small tear running down her cheek. Huey then bandaged her cuts.

"Thanks," (Y/n) said when Huey had finished. She smiled at him. Huey sheepishly smiled back. (Y/n) leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, then looked at the ground. Huey's face heated up.

"N-no p-p-problem," he stuttered.

They eventually got back to the mansion, but before they went inside, Huey said what he'd been verbalizing in his head the entire time.

"I love you."

"What?" (Y/n) looked over at him, in shock.

"I... I love you." he said once more. He looked at (Y/n), who was looking down at her shoes. He frowned, thinking she didn't like him, but when she looked up, she was grinning from ear to ear. She jumped towards him, and wrapped her arms around him, nearly knocking him over.

"I love you, too!" she said, burying her face in his chest. Huey smiled as he hugged her back.

"Awwwe! Our big bro's finally got a girl friend!" a certain green hooded duck whistled from the doorway.

"You go, Huebert!" smirked a blue clad duckling, next to the green one.

"GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!" Huey ran after them, his face as red as his hat...