Troublemaker

(A/n: Just letting you know. This one's a bit sad...)

It had been a long day. I was currently sitting on my bunk, playing on my phone, when Uncle Donald came in and said that dinner was ready. I had eaten more than normal for lunch, and was only beginning to get hungry again, so I decided to tell Uncle Donald that I wasn't hungry right at the second, but that I'd eat later. I walked in and saw my brothers sitting at the table, and my Uncle walking that way, having just filled his plate.

"Uncle Donald, I'm not really hungry right now. I think I'm just gonna eat later." I said. He didn't look particularly happy with my statement.

"Okay." was all he said. His face void of emotion, except a hint of frustration. I walked back to my room, slightly stomping.

"Ugh! Is it not acceptable to not be hungry?!" I huffed, throwing myself on my bed, face-down. It always seemed that everything I did was wrong. I yell, it's wrong. I have a bit of an attitude, it's wrong. But does anyone ever ask me if I'm okay? No.

Or, let me rephrase that. Does anyone ask me if I'm okay, then, after I say 'yes', keep asking until I finally say that I'm not? No.
Huey does ask, but I hide my hurt feelings, and say I'm fine. He should be able to know that I'm not okay! I just wish someone would care.

I look over at my phone on my table when it lights up, bringing me out of my thoughts. I sit up, and see that it was nothing important. My face is now wet. I've been crying.

"Louie?" I hear my older brother's voice outside the locked door. I try to calm myself down.

"Louie?" he calls again. I massage my throat, and try to get it to open back up again, so I can talk.

"Louie, please answer me."

"Sorry, I was watching a video on my phone." I lie, trying to convince him that I'm fine. Though secretly hoping he sees through the facade.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah, just give me a minute..." I walk over to the mirror in the room and see that my eyes are red and puffy, and my cheeks are red as well. I grab a tissue and dab the tears up, trying to cool my face down. My tears are gone, and my face isn't as red anymore. I walk over and open the door.

"Hey," I manage to say. I fake yawn. My eyes were still puffy, so I tried to pass it off as tiredness. As usual. We both sat down on my bunk, the bottom one.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine."

"I am." I expected him to drop the conversation after that, but he kept going.

"Louie. You say that every time. I'm not sure you're telling the truth..."

"Fine. I'm not. Everyone always acts like I'm some rebellious child who wants nothing but trouble, but I'm not."

"Louie, we don't think tha-"

"Yes! You all do!" I shouted, and stood up. Huey looked shocked, but I kept going, "Just a few minutes ago, when I said I wasn't hungry, Uncle Donald gave me an angered look, and an attitude!"

"Uncle Donald just lost his job today, Llewellyn!!!" Huey shouted, standing up as well.

"WELL HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT ON ME!!!" I shouted back, "WHY CAN'T HE JUST TAKE IT OUT ON YOU OR DEWEY FOR ONCE!!!"

"YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE?!?!?!" Huey was nearly crying now. I had already been crying, "LOUIE! HE GOT FRUSTRATED AT BOTH DEWEY AND I, TOO!!!"

There was a silence, and then he continued, this time in a softer voice, as he sat back down.

"He had come home from being fired, and just wanted to eat a nice meal with his family. He was deeply frustrated already when he got home. You just happened to be the first to see it..."

Once again, there was silence...

"I'm sorry for yelling, and being so childish." I whispered, sitting down next to him.

"It's okay. You're my baby brother, and I love you." Huey gave my a tight hug. I playfully pushed him away.

"Yeah. Whatever."

"So, you're better now?" we looked up and saw Dewey peeking in the doorway.

"Yeah." I say, going over to hug him, Huey following suit. We group hug, all of us smiling.

"I would've said something, but I figured Huey's better with words." says Dewey, as we pull away.

"It's okay." I shrug it off. That's when Uncle Donald came in.

"Boys," he knelt down to our level, "I'm sorry for how I acted."

"It's okay. You've had a rough day." I said, giving him a hug. My brothers joined in.

"We should have a movie night, tonight!" Dewey suggested, "Uncle Donald's pick!"

We all agreed, and ran to the living room. I got the blankets, Huey popped popcorn, Dewey got sodas, and Uncle Donald picked out the movie, Disney's Robin Hood.

It had been a roller-coaster of a day, but in the end, things worked out...

(A/n: This is based off irl stuff... [except the job loss, movie night, and hugs...] The only thing is, I didn't have a Huey to make me feel better...)