t w e n t y - s i x

[dedicated to @Xx_UnacceptablE_xX for making me laugh with funny comments]

*Xavier's pov*

"Are you nervous?" I ask Darius.

"It is what it is now. There's no going back." We both are still in bed facing each other. He runs his fingers through my hair, which I think is calming him.

"That doesn't answer my question," I say. "You don't think it was a mistake, right?" He looks at me confused. "Mating before our packs met our chosen mate. Mating before the ceremony." The mating ceremony was similar to a wedding reception for werewolves. It had its roots in our ancestors primal traditions of mating in front of the pack. However, now werewolves would wait to mate until after their ceremony. Of course, Darius and I disregarded this weird, outdated custom.

"No, of course not. Do you? I've contacted surrounding packs they can leave to if they don't approve of our relationship, but you matter more than my pack, Xavier." My eyes widen at his bold statement. "I know it's insane, but I really love you, X. I'm seriously so in love with you. It should be a crime how much you make me love you." My heart does all type of somersaults because of his words.

"I- love- you- too," I say in between kisses. I straddle his legs, and look down at the sight below me, admiring it. He was perfect. I loved contrast of my hands against his dark skin. I bend down to kiss his mark- my mark.

"Here I am pouring my heart out to you, and you're trying to get off," he says, not without letting out a quiet moan though. I laugh at his words, forcing me to stop sucking his neck.

"You're so dramatic," I say, rolling my eyes. I sit back up, still straddling him though. I intertwine our hands and give his hands a quick peck "I'm ready to listen now."

He takes a deep breath. "I can't believe we ended up together. I'm not joking when I say I thank the moon goddess for you everyday," he begins. "I hate thinking about how cruel I used to treat you. We were so dumb when we were kids. I'm glad we overcame our differences because I have no idea where I would be without you. I hated thinking about finding a mate because I never knew what to look for, but I didn't have to look for you. It was unexpected, but the best thing that has ever happened to me," he finishes. Goddess, I love this man.

"Darius, that means so much to me," I say, pecking his lips. "I wish we let go of that childish rivalry earlier, but I think it makes our story more special. Maybe, if we took time to get to know one another we could have fallen in love already, but that's all irrelevant now. Our story was meant to be a long journey, and we're nowhere near done with it Despite everything, we found a way to love each other. I truly love everything about you- all the good and all the bad." He let's go of my hands, and grabs my head and pulls me down for another kiss.

"Wait-" he says, breaking the kiss. "What's bad about me" he jokes.

"You're such an a*s," I roll my eyes at him and stop our makeout session. "Come on. Let's shower." I try getting out of bed, but I'm stopped from the pain shooting up me. Darius notices this.

"I'm sorry," he says. "I can carry you," he offers. I just laugh at his offer.

"No, definitely not. It was worth it," I smile, remembering the magical experience yesterday. "Shower with me though."

"Of course," he hops out of bed and holds out his hand for me to take.

——

"Okay, I'm a little nervous," Darius says. His family, Kendall, and Rebecca are all sitting with us at the main table in the dining room. Jer and Mads are sitting next to me too. We were going to drop the bombshell on them today- our packs were joining and we were mates.