12. Christmas Break

Y/N's POV

Christmas was approaching quickly and it was decided by my parents that me and Issac would stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas holidays. I was sad to hear that Hermione was going home but was less sad when I heard that Ron and Harry would be staying.

Letters from my parents had come to a halt since the snowy weather made it hard for Grey (my owl) or the family owl to deliver packages.

"I do feel so sorry," said Malfoy, one Potions class, "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." he was aiming this at Harry and myself.

"I do feel sorry for your parents for having to deal with you over Christmas, hardly seems like a holiday for them." I said in response, Harry and Ron both smirked at Malfoy. He didn't say anything else.

Ever since Gryffindor had triumphed over Slytherin he had been even more unpleasant than usual. Disgusted at Slytherin's loss, he started making comments about me as a seeker, however, only the few Slytherins who stuck around him listened.

I was excited to be spending Christmas with two of my best friends and was hopefully looking forward to potential presents to open.

Once Potions was over, me, Harry and Ron walked out with Hermione slightly behind talking about homework to some other students. We noticed Hagrid dragging in a large tree and we offered our help.

"Nah I'm fine thanks, thanks for offering." was Hagrid's response. Just then Malfoy appeared with Crabbe and Goyle by his side.

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" came Malfoy's cold drawl. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to."

Ron launched himself at Malfoy just as Snape started coming.

"WEASLEY!"

"He was provoked, Professor Snape," said Hagrid defended, "Malfoy was insultin' his family."

"Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid," said Snape calmly, "five points from Gryffindor Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along, all of you."

Malfoy left with Crabbe and Goyle with smirks on their faces that made me sick.

"I hope you three keep on looking for Nicolas Flamel over the holidays." Hermione said to the three of us. We had spent many hours trying to find a trace of Flamel but we couldn't find anything. Since Hermione was going back home she was relying on us three to carry on. "And do send me an owl if you find anything."

"Bye Hermione, have a good Christmas." I smiled before giving her a hug.

"Thanks Y/N, I'll see you soon." she replied before starting to walk off.

Once the holidays had started, the three of us were having too good a time to think much about Flamel. We had the dormitory to ourselves and the Common Room was far emptier than usual, so we were able to get the good armchairs by the fire.

Me and Ron had also started teaching Harry wizard's chess. At first, he was quite shocked but after a while, he started enjoying it as much as Ron and I did.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" I heard Ron scream on Christmas day. I woke up with a yawn and quickly rushed over to Harry's bed and shook him awake.

"Look you both have presents!" Ron told the both of us.

"I have presents?" Harry said in shock.

I smiled. "What were you expecting?"

The three of us started hastily opening our presents. I had gotten a mixture of books, sweets, chocolate and Quidditch gear. The three of us also had a signature Weasley jumper.

Hermione had gotten me some chocolate frogs and something the muggles called a 'Yo-yo' I played around with it and eventually started getting used to it. I had gotten Hermione some sweets and a book I had found that I hoped interested her. I also gave Ron and Harry some chocolate and sweets, also some Quidditch merchandise for Ron's favourite team.

The three of us were then joined by Issac with Fred and George. They were all wearing their jumpers from Mrs Weasley.

"Come on Ronald, wear your jumper." Fred teased.

"Unless you want us to tell mum..." George added with a smirk.

Ron sighed and quickly put his jumper on. The rest of us laughing at him.

Once Issac and the twins had disappeared we looked at Harry's last gift. It was a cloak of some sort, as soon as he put it on me and Ron gasped.

"No freaking way..." said Ron, shocked.

"That's an invisibility cloak..." I muttered, loud enough for both of them to hear.

Harry looked at the both of us confused before looking down seeing his invisible body.