13. The Mirror

Y/N's POV

After unwrapping all our presents and looking at Harry's new invisibility cloak, we all went to the courtyard and had a snowball fight with Issac, Fred and George before making snowmen in the snow.

Later, after getting changed, we headed down to Christmas Dinner at the Great Hall. We sat with Issac and the rest of the Weasley family, pulling crackers open and just generally having a good time.

Once the feast was finished, me, Harry and Ron headed back up to our dorms where we showered and got into our pyjamas. We happily discussed today and Harry smiled. "This was the best Christmas I've ever had."

I nodded, I knew Harry had a tough time at home but I never brought it up. He should be able to enjoy his time here not worry about his life back with the Dursleys. I did, however, offer him a place to stay if he ever wanted to get away from Privet Drive.

"I think I'm going to go to sleep now, " I yawned, "it's been a long day."

"Yeah me too." Ron said.

"Night guys." Harry said to both of us as we replied with a quick 'Goodnight' before wrapping ourselves with the duvet and drifting off to sleep.

"Pst, Y/N! Wake up!" I heard a voice come from the side of me. I yawned and opened my eyes, there, right next to me was the head of Harry. I was about to scream but he covered my mouth.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily.

Harry ignored my question. "I found something! I saw my parents! In this weird mirror, I'll show you!"

"But your parents, I'm thought they were-"

"Dead. But I saw them, follow me!"

I sighed and quickly put my slippers on. "Should we wake Ron up?" I asked, Harry nodded.

"Oi Ron, wake up!" I exclaimed, shaking the boy. Ron woke up with a dazed expression on his face. "Don't ask questions, just follow us."

The three of us then crept under Harry's invisibility cloak, with Harry leading the way. After passing many corridors and what I assumed to be the restricted section of the library, we reached a room.

Inside was a magnificent mirror, as high as the ceiling, with an ornate gold frame, standing on two clawed feet. There was an inscription carved around the top: Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

"What on earth is this?" I asked, confused.

"Just look inside, you'll see my parents!" Harry exclaimed.

Ron stepped forward and looked first.

"Do you see them?" Harry asked eagerly.

"No Harry I just see you...wait a minute. I see myself now!" Ron said happily.

"Do you see your family?" Harry asked.

"No, I'm alone, but I'm different. I look older and I'm head boy!"

"What?" I asked, still very much confused.

"I am. I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to and I'm holding the house cup and the Quidditch cup. I'm Quidditch captain, too."

Now I was just thinking that this was some absurd dream I was having.

"Does this show us the future?" asked Ron.

"How? My parents are dead." Harry said sadly.

"Lemme have a look." I said before standing in front of the mirror.

When I looked I saw an older version of myself, I had the Quidditch Cup and I was Quidditch captain. I also had a girl next to me, it was Hermione. Surely this wasn't a mirror predicting the future? Harry's parents couldn't obviously come back from the dead.

"What do you see Y/N?" Harry asked.

"Um, I'm holding the Quidditch cup and I'm captain." I replied, leaving the Hermione part out.

"You sure it doesn't predict the future?" Ron asked again.

I thought about it for a minute before shaking my head.

"No, I think it shows our greatest desire," I said, "if you think about it Harry wants to see his parents since he obviously never saw them, Ron wants to not be in his brother's shadows and I want to be successful at Quidditch."

And I also want to be with Hermione I thought to myself.

"That sounds accurate..." Harry said trailing off. "Guys! It's Mrs Norris!"

Indeed Filch's cat had just entered the room. Her red eyes staring at us.

"Maybe it's best if we go back to the common room before she tells Filch." I said before Harry threw his cloak around the three of us and we tiptoed off.

The three of us went to sleep without saying another word.