SONIA - Revisiting old memories

"There are two types of girls in the World, Sonia

"There are two types of girls in the World, Sonia. There's the simple girls that do not give fucks, me. Then there's the extravagant girls that try their hardest to portray an image that they are so not. You fall in the third category."

I snort at my personal assistant, who's also my almost best friend. Her freckled face contorts with distaste, and her emerald eyes are sheen with some sort of amusement.

Muneera became my assistant three years ago, after leaving New York for London in search of greener pastures. We didn't become closer until a year and three months ago when she caught me sobbing over something irrelevant. I was on my period at the time.

She's struggling with my bags, as we make our way towards the checking Area in the Airport, here in London.

"I did warn you, did I not?" I ignore her hums and grunts of struggle as I strut with grace and a little bit of haste.

"You did," she manages to reply between grunts. "Can you slow down, I'm losing my life here. I can literally hear my heart beating super slow like a drum, signaling a death call.

"Oh come on now, you don't have to be poetic about it." I roll my eyes at her tiny tantrum. "Besides, it's not that much."

She squeals, it's laced with outrageous astonishment. "Four boxes, and a backpack. That's a whole lot to me. Especially for a vacation that is meant to last for only one week."

I wave her off with my hand, "it's not a vacation if Kimberly's going to be there."

"Yeah, yeah. Sworn enemy and whatnot? Wasn't that like years ago? It's not like you both are still hopelessly in love with the same guy after seven years."

I sigh. Leaving an ambience of doubt lingering in the air, and Muneera gasps overly dramatically.

"NO WAY! You're still in love with him?" She's sounding way more enthusiastic than I fancy, causing me to cringe. I prefer her when she was complaining in discomfort about my baggage. "You haven't even seen or spoken to him in seven years. What sort of blind spell is that? Besides, you don't even have an idea of what he looks like now."

I halt my movement after a frustrating sigh, then turn around to face her. The moment my eyes land on my raven haired assistant, I regret it; She looks a lot more excited than I had pictured. And the curved bob frames her face, making it even more pronounced.

I take off my dark brown D&G shades and present to her my strictest face possible. But unfortunately, we're way too familiar for her to be fazed by it.