SONIA - The bigger person

Muneera opens the door after confirming that it's me standing in front of it

Muneera opens the door after confirming that it's me standing in front of it. She leaves the door opened behind her for me to enter. 

I shut the door as soon as I do, and furrow my brows at her disheveled, semi nude state. 

"What's going on here?" I look around the room where different clothing have obviously been swung in different locations. "It's not even reached thirty minutes we arrived, and your room's already a teenager's mess." 

She turns around to face me, her emerald eyes are widened and her hand runs through her hair. Yet, she doesn't open her mouth to answer my question. 

I stand clueless, probably looking as confused as I feel. "What?" 

"I don't have anything to wear, and it's a disaster!" 

"Wait, that's it?" I blow out air from my mouth, exasperated with this human. "Muneera it's just dinner, dinner." 

"Exactly!" She points out like there's even a point there. "When you said your family was rich, I thought it was the normal rich. I didn't know they were old money bastardy rich! Look at this Castle! I'm still freaking out! I have to wear something that suits their taste, lend me something from your wardrobe." 

"First of all, you're a size twelve with thicker curves. My clothes won't fit." I point out, then I walk towards a familiar looking yellow gown laying hopelessly on the maroon Indian rug. "Second, stop stereotyping us, okay? We're not racists, and we definitely are not snobbish. This is exactly why I don't let anyone know of my family's fortune." 

I hand over the gown to her, she takes it from me with a frown on her face. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous about all of these, you know?" She confesses what I already know. "I haven't exactly met a super rich family, let alone three super rich families at once. So, it's really... New and you know, I don't know, awkward?" 

I hum a quiet chuckle, because I can not relate to what she's feeling. But I guess in a way, I might have been a little nervous about meeting investors when I started my brand. 

"It's fine, just get dressed quickly. Aunty May do not like waiting, especially when it comes to food." I urge her. She responds with an okay, before trying on the dress. 

"Also, I know I have told you this a million times before, but Francis is a demigod! I understand the obsession now." 

I sit on her bed, after getting weak from feeling giddy in my belly. "I know, he's ten times more than I expected." 

"Hey, can you help me with the zipper?" She calls out to me, struggling to get her fingers on the zip. 

I walk up to her and help her zip it up with ease. "Thank you," she tells me. "Calvin is lucky I love him, he's no where near Francis."