SONIA - Carnal desires

My heart is thumping against it's cage rapidly

My heart is thumping against it's cage rapidly. What's before me is beyond scary.

There's a flitting pause hanging in the air, as everyone awaits me to pull through with the pending challenge.

The time is here. The time to finally kiss Francis. Shove my tongue down his throat, right in front of Kimberly.

But something is wrong with the whole set up. It's too easy, he's right there for me to finally have, hold and kiss. My anticipation is about to be the death of me, and I fear that I might flop.

So I do the unthinkable. Or maybe almost unthinkable.

I take a hold of the fragile bottle, gulp, then I turn it around so it's pointing at Rico.

I dare not look into Francis' eyes, or Kimberly's, or Muneera's. For they will definitely have questions that I am in no way ready to answer.

In a slow move, I scoot closer to Rico, whose face is too stunned to even react. Then I hold the back of his head in place with one hand, feeling the lushness of his dark curls against my palm.

"Muneera, count." Is all I say, before going in for the kiss.

His lips are soft, a little too stiff but good. I don't blame him, can't blame him even.

After one or two seconds, his lips finally move against mine. He turns his head to the side, and deepens the kiss.

He tastes like alcohol.

I should feel disgusted, but I don't. Maybe I drank a little too much wine earlier. Or maybe it's the loneliness that surrounds my body that's rejoicing in the form of tingly sensations inside my belly.

"Ten," says Muneera in a hush tone. Knowing her, she's probably in awe of what had just transpired.

I pull away from Rico's kiss, wanting more of it. Wanting the source more, maybe.

Realising what my body is craving, I stand up a little too quickly and walk away from that intense scenery. Trying fervently to shove the thoughts away from my mind.

After entering my room, I try banging the door shut but someone's hand makes that plan walk the plank.

I don't turn around to check who, I just find the comforts of my water bed and the embrace of my plush pillows.

"Sonia, are you okay?" The dip I feel indicates that Muneera is already making her butt comfortable on my bed.

She sighs, "it's all my fault. I shouldn't have suggested we play that game. I'm sorry."