IX

He could not remember all of what happened. His memory is a jumbled mesh of thoughts and confusion. Pain is the first that he feels, as a whimper almost escaped his lips when sitting up had failed.

Dorian also knew another. That this is not his home. Panic is usually not in his system, he always prided of the fact he could keep his cool in intense situations. For a reason he cannot explain fear just now set in. His eyes widen, feeling a tightness within his chest. Mom. Ava. Where are they?

When his eyes make a full adjustment, he noticed they were cream colored with a white trim. The floors were made of wood. Polished and cleaned. Picture frames hung along the walls.

"About time you woke up."

Standing in the living room entry way, is Warren Peace. He's so used to seeing him in that leather jacket. This time it's a red shirt, with a black, sleeveless vest over it and dark gray jeans.

"...Tell me I'm dreaming." Dorian groaned, wincing once more. "Shit...that really hurts."

"Well, that's to be expected after you're jumped. First time I take it?"

Dorian nodded. A weary look in his eyes, as Warren hands him an ice pack. "Kind of. They're two goons whom just are off parole. Still have a sore spot, against mom apparently."

"Hmph, my father can vouch for them." Warren muttered. Watching as Dorian pressed it, to his left temple. Blood still seeped a little, from the wound.

"They freaked when I used my powers...at least she was okay though."

"A chick. Serious?"

He shot Warren a look. "It's part of being a hero."

"Who also happens to be, a Freshman Dumbass." Warren stated matter of fact. "Look, your ma will be here soon. Just forget I ever helped you."

"Of course, because I reeeeallly feel the love."

"Shut up..."

"Careful-!" Warren cursed, when he almost fell against the table. Close to breaking his mother's lamp. "Jesus. Can't take a beating can you?" he muttered. His hands-on Dorian's shoulders.

"Excuse me, for not being indestructible like you or Will." Dorian scoffed. Why did it hurt so bad, is the question? When he looked down at the front of his jeans, he could see dried blood. He shook it off and left the Peace household.

His mother at once pecked him, on his face and Ava near tackled him when he came home. Josie had been asked to watch her while Amethyst was to pick him up just as he walked in. She to embraced with worried tears, down her face.

"Clara Peace called, oh sweetie we were so worried-." His mother kissed him. Again. In front of Will and Layla.

"Mom, mom!" he shrugged away. A red hue across his cheeks. "I'm fine. I mean, I hurt like hell, but the pain will stop. How's Ava?"

A soft sigh escaped her lips. "She's resting now, I'm not sending her to school today. Josie if you would-."

"Of course, I don't mind, Amethyst. Steve can handle himself. Now, you three have a wonderful day and NO more trouble." She stared firmly in particular towards Will.

"You could've at least called us, to walk with you. Are you nuts? You know that area's dangerous." Layla scolded, quick to blink her eyes.

"Layla, I had it covered, now...come on. School's soon, plus it's Save The Citizen."

Neither thought he should participate in it, in but three days. But he was insistent he join in, he could not fathom another win for Lash and Speed.

~*******~

But it was difficult not to think about P. E after. The gymnasium was filled with students, as the clock counted down. Dorian's side flinches every so often, when he sees Julian and Ramirez, two unknown students beaten by Lash and Speed with ease. Their citizen dummy dangles, helplessly above a set of blades.

"Alright, next round," Boomer announced, "Speed, Lash, want to be heroes or villains?"

"Villains."

"Oh, what a surprise?" Sarcasm laced in his tone. "Alright, who do you want to beat next?"

"Okay...uh..." Speed's beedy eyes look about. "We'll pick little Stronghold."

Dorian's eyes part when Lash smirked his way. His eyes traveling towards someone, he did not expect. "And we pick Peace."

"WHAT?" Dorian's voice snapped. "That wasn't part of the deal!" he declared.

The duo only snickered below, in which he rubbed his temples. "Okay...okay. You alright Will?" he asked.

"Not...not really, no."

"Just do what you can out there, man. For Zach and Ethan. You're stronger than you give, yourself credit for. You've seen how your dad fights. Just memorize that. Be-careful of Lash's arms, he's not to be underestimated and Speed can really, make your head spin. And please. Do NOT let Warren anywhere, near you."

"Easier said than done...but thanks, for the advice."

Warren suited up below. Dorian looked away at once, when he stared up in the audience of students and staff. His eyes linger at Lash's smirk, that he hopes Will can wipe off his face. He balled up his hand and punched it into his other. Then pointed with an index finger, towards Lash.

You want to play, Lash? Fine. Game on