pda

cameron's pov.

"hey! y/n," i say into my phone.
"what's up?" she says, in a monotone voice.
"i was wondering-.."
"if this is painting karan's toes again, i will not! you have no idea how bad that was and how many times i threw up in my mouth with those dogs in my face!" she whines.
"no, no, no. well do that later, i was wondering if you're interested in coming to a party with me?"
"why?" she asks, "you know parties aren't my thing."
"cause i want to take your mind off of everything that happened with jack gilinsky.."
"thank you cam, but i'm good, really."
"please? i promise we'll have fun. you can stay tonight with me." i persuade.
"fine," she sighs, "what do i need to wear?"
"dress nice."
"how nice?"
"wear a dress."
"seriously?"
"yes."
"fine, are you picking me up?"
"of course." i say. "see you later, sweets."

about two hours later i pull up to y/n's house and i park the car. i'm wearing a nice white button up with my khakis and my sperry's.
i knock on the door and see her open the door with my friend, standing in a beautiful black dress with sparkles all around the edges.
"hey..." i say, speechless.
"this isn't too much, is it? i can go change.." she says, swaying back and forth.
"hell no." i blurt, and she looks at me like i'm a talking dog.
"okay.." she says and walks out the door, closing it behind her.
i beat her to my car and open the door for her and she sits down. i close her door and smile to myself.
i'm taking her to dinner first, because what kind of gentleman would i be if i just took her to the party?
"where do you want to eat?" i asked, smiling.
"you don't have to take me anywhere.." she blushes.
"where do you want to go?" i ask, and she smiles.
"remember where we went on the night of our eighth grade dance?"
"oh my gosh yes." i laugh, "then that's where we'll go." i smile.
we pull up to the italian restaurant that we went to and order. i, per usual, get a cheese pizza and she gets fetichini alfredo.
we make small talk and it's quite enjoyable. i loved sitting here and talking to this beautiful girl.
i go to the front to pay, and she stops me. "let me get it."
"what kind of man let's his date pay for dinner? you just sit back and wait." i wink and smile, and i give our waiter my card.
"thank you, cam," she smiles, "it means a lot."
"it's fine! we're best friends, remember."
"of course." she blushes.
now when i think about it, i met y/n on the set of jessie. i was drawn to her not only because she's beautiful, but also because she's hilarious. i wanted to be friends, and obviously we are, but now i want more. i don't want to rush her, she just got out of a nasty relationship and i don't want to make her feel the same way that jack managed to.
the waiter comes back with my card and we leave. "that was so much fun." she smiles, "brings back memories."
"yeah! like when peter slipped on amanda's dress! then blamed it on karan who was on the other side of the room!" i laughed.
"or when i tripped over a chair," she blushes, "i do that a lot."
"hey at least it's not over lines on the ground," i laugh.
"i wouldn't laugh if i didn't know you were serious." she smirks.
we roll up to this party, where the driver takes our car to park. i opened the door for her and lead her inside. we met up with a bunch of old friends, and she got to see her childhood best friend: booboo stewart, who's also my co-star on descendants.
"boo!" she yells and gestures him over to us.
"hey little miss!" he says wrapping her up in a hug. "how have you been?"
"i've been getting through, but i'm better now." she smiles. "what about you? i hear you're on a movie this guy here," she says and wraps her arm around me. "why yeah, i am. it's coming out soon, i think you're gonna love it." boo gushed and i smiled, "maybe we can get you into descendants two!" boo says, and i agree automatically. "kenny would love you." i say, and boo smiles. "well, i gotta head out. band practice," boo says and hugs y/n again, and gives me a bro hug.
we continue through the party, occasionally saying hi to people we somewhat know. she was getting so many compliments on her dress and she didn't know how to accept them, so i would give her a good spin, our hands intertwined.
the two of us go to the kitchen to get a couple of drinks, where i see jack sitting. i intertwine our fingers and it raises her alarms. "cam?" she whisper yells. i turn my head toward jack and she gets my message. we go to the punch bowl and grab ourselves a drink.
"hey! y/n," jack starts walking over to us. i take my hand and put it around her waist, bringing more attention to me so he'd see she's not here alone. and she won't be again.
"i was wondering," he says, pushing me off of her, "wanna come back to my place later?"
i shove him away and grab y/n's hand. "no, jack, she doesn't." i say.
"let the lady speak for herself," jack says, "after all, she's independent, isn't that right?" she looks at jack, then at me. i see the lobe in her eyes. i see that she's scared and i see that she's going to do something that she's wanted, but didn't know how to explain.
"no jack," she says, "why go back to your place for what? for you to bring more girls over?"
she kisses my lips, and i obviously smile. i've wanted this for awhile, but not under these circumstances. i kiss back, sliding my hand around her waist. she takes a hand off of my body and flips off jack. i guide her toward a wall, where we stand, grabbing at each other with our lips still attached. she takes a deep breath and pushes our faces together more.
"my god the pda needs to be made." somebody shouts.
she pulls away from me, smiling. "good job." as jack walks away.
damn. my shot. a complete airball. but it wasn't a oops airball, it was a giving my all and still really really missing. god i hate basketball metaphors.
we get punch and start dancing around. y/n started getting a little drunk and it was time to leave. i wanted to get her home, before she made any stupid mistakes.
"y/n," i whisper in her ear, "come on, let's go home." i coo. my hands on her waist.
"nah! i'll get us another round!" she says, pulling me by the hand into the kitchen where jack and another girl stood, making out. i could see her it in her eyes, her heart shatter. she grabs two shots and downs them. she hands me one and i take it easily.
"okay, let's go dance!" she yells.
"are you sure?" i ask, and she nods vigorously.
we dance and i twirl her around and she giggles into my chest. "this feels like eighth grade again," she laughs.
she's about to go to the kitchen and i whisk her away, pulling her toward the door. "come on, y/n." i mumbled and she followed me out.
the car ride was absolutely horrible. she kept talking about jack and it made me want to get sick. i wanted her for her, not her drunken self who only talked about what happened when jack put her in the same predicament. id like to think i took her out, to take her mind off of him, and now that we're out, she only wants him. she kissed me with too much passion for it to be fake. it's real. it's got to be.
i got her home and let her have access to my closet so she could get out of that dress. that dress that i loved on her, that showed the real her, the lovely girl with a heart of gold that was blind with her love. the smiley face that always brightens my day and the goofball that always makes me laugh.
she jumps down the steps one at a time to my living room where she reveals herself in a pair of my boxers and an old t shirt. she brought a hoodie down too, but she rocked the t shirt.
"hi." she laughs and blushes. thank god the alcohol is wearing off. i make her some food and bring it out to her on my couch. she smiles and takes it, and starts eating. when she's done, she takes it out to the kitchen and returns, pulling me up off the couch.
"you wanted a dance, so here you go." she says, wrapping her arms around my neck. my hands reside at her waist and she leans her head on me.
"i'm sorry," i say, "i thought taking you out would be a good first step and would take your mind off of him."
"cam don't be sorry," she started, "i should be sorry."
"no you shouldn't."
"yes i should," she blurts, "i got drunk to avoid the truth. i wanted to avoid jack. but i couldn't. and i shouldn't." she continues.
"what?" i ask.
"he was a part of my life for the last two years. i loved him, and i always will. it's okay. but i should've been focusing on the beautiful light in front of me." she explains.
"yeah?" i agree.
"you. you are that light, cam." she starts, "i've known these feelings since i met you but they all shut down. they went deeper and i couldn't connect them to my real life, only s fantasy world. without seeing you all the time." she confesses, "i'm going to be real. i've been waiting for that kiss for the last five years."
"want one now?" i ask, and she nods.
i pick her head up gently. she looks in my eyes and i see her. the true her. and she sees me. the true me. i rub the side of her face and her lips. i leaned down and smiled. our lips brushed each other's, and then she grabbed my sides and pulled me close to her. her hands ran up and down my body and so did mine. i picked her up and laid us on the couch.
"you're perfect." i say, out of breath, with her right next to me.
she sits up and puts her hands on my chest.
"we're perfect."