💛Chapter Three💛

Unedited

Sayori took a deep breath sitting on that counter. Sick of Losing Soulmates. Okay, that's easy. She had the colors right in front of her, telling her how to play the entire song via ukulele and what notes she needed to sing per verse, chorus, and bridge. But what had her more nervous than anything were the beautiful, bright pink eyes of an expecting Natsuki wanting her to sing just for her. Okay, let's do this Sayori! You got this!

"🎶What a strange being you are, God knows where I would be If you hadn't found me, sitting all alone in the dark. A dumb screenshot of youth. Watch how a cold broken teen Will desperately lean on a superglued human of proof...

What the hell would I be, without you? Brave face talk so lightly, hide the truth.

'Cause I'm sick of losing soulmates, so where do we begin? I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me So how do we win? Yeah, I'm sick of losing soulmates, won't be alone again. I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me So how do we win?🎶"

Sayori could see the light blues, the light greens, the lavenders, and the somewhat darker blues flash around her eyes, but none of them seemed to overlap with Natsuki whenever she looked up. The colors were beautiful, though they were cooler, more depressing tones. They matched the tempo of the song. To the right were the colors of the chords, layered underneath the colors of her own voice. Her voice never really did shine as brightly as the background music in terms to the colored lights...

"🎶 We will grow old as friends, I've promised that before so what's one more In our grey-haired circle, waiting for the end? Time and hearts will wear us thin, So which path will you take, 'cause we both know a break Does exactly what it says on the tin...

What the hell would I be, without you? Brave face talk so lightly, hide the truth.

'Cause I'm sick of losing soulmates, so where do we begin? I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me So how do we win? Yeah, I'm sick of losing soulmates, won't be alone again. I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me So how do we win?🎶"

Sayori kept humming to get to the bridge, she had her eyes closed and the colors were all floating around in the darkness. She opened her eyes , continuing to hum and play the chords. All the colors danced around Natsuki, scattering to make sure she doesn't get covered. That's.... that's kinda cool. That's weird, but really cool. The colors danced around Natsuki, and her eyes seemed to shine with a pink brighter than any Chromesthestic light she could ever see. It's... it's so pretty.

"🎶I won't take no for an answer. I won't take no for an answer. I won't take no, no I won't take no...

'Cause I'm sick of losing soulmates, so where do we begin? I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me So how do we win? Yeah, I'm sick of losing soulmates, won't be alone again. I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me So how do we win?🎶"

Sayori's hand strayed from the instrument,  the colors dying with her voice and the music. She set the ukulele down on the counter next to her  keeping her legs criss cross applesauce. She nearly jumped when suddenly there was a round if applause from her one-woman audience. Natsuki was grinning, clapping ecstatically and her eyes filled with sparkles of wonder.

"Wow Sayori, you're really talented! It's like you had the sheet music memorized or something! That's so cool?"

Memorized? Oh no. Sayori doesn't have anything memorized. Her memory is worse than Dory's. But the compliment felt nice, especially coming from someone as wonderful and cute and with such high standards and so amazing and so creative herself. What? You didn't hear that! Well, maybe she should tell her... she never did tell her about the colors. She didn't want Natsuki to call her a freak. Maybe she should just tell her about the sheet music. But... she doesn't want Natsuki to think of her any less than what's in her head.

"I'll go ahead and make dinner, the oven should be preheated by now."

Sayori slid off the counter, walking past Natsuki to the fridge. If she remembered correctly Natsuki really liked having lots of cheese and meat in her sandwich and she likes having the really fluffy, filling bread. Sayori would rather have more lettuce than anything. She always bugs herself to start eating healthy but she's lazy so that's the best compromise she could reach. After getting all the stuff out in the counter she could see Natsuki taking off the oven mits, closing the over and setting the timer for thirty five minutes for her brownies.

Natsuki grabbed some cups and brought them to the table after filling them halfway with ice. Then she left to go grab some sodas For the two of them. Sayori's a big Pepsi person but She knew Natsuki liked Coca-Cola so she kept some just in case, even to this day. Sayori began humming to herself, cutting Natsuki's finish sandwich into quarters on the cutting board before moving it to her plate. She set it in Natsuki's spot, not even starting on her sandwich yet. She wanted to make sure Natsuki was taken care of first.

She's what matters more, right?

Sayori walked back in with two cans of soda,  walking back to the table and cracking the cold ones open. Too bad there were no boys around, but Sayori don't need no boys after being hardcore friend zoned by MC. But he's with Monika so they're happy and it's okay. Natsuki sat down and began pouring her Coca-Cola in her cup and putting the Pepsi can by Sayori's cup. She finally finished making her sandwich and She walked over to the table, sitting down across from Natsuki.

She's held out her cup, pinkie out. Sayori didn't even have her Pepsi in the cup yet! Even so, she lifted her cup and clinked it together with Natsuki's.

"Cheers!"

Yeah, cheers.

1035 Words

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️Have a Wonderful Day Guys, Gals, And NonBinary Pals!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜