Chapter 3

AnnaSophia Robb as Luci Jo Williams

Luci's Pov

I was still laying in bed. I still can't believe Cole took Arlo and I out t McDee's yesterday. He was so different from the first run in with him. He was rude and so cocky. But yesterday he was somewhat nice. I looked over at my phone and saw it was already 7 in the morning. I got up so I can get my mom's meds ready for her to take today. Today I'm going to try to find a job. Ever since Fast Freddy's fired me for being late, I've been living off of nothing. And the rent is due just in 2 weeks. So I need to find a job quickly. 

As I was walking to the bathroom I looked in on Arlo, who was still sleeping. I took my pee and got ready for today. After I was done with everything I heard noises from the kitchen. I walked over there and saw my mom trying to get her meds. 

"Mom, please sit down. I got this." I said to her. 

"Oh baby. Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you." Mom said to me. I gave her a smile. 

"Did you sleep okay." I asked her. I woke up last night to find my mother on the floor trying her hardest not to coughing, so I gave her her oxygen. And laid her back into her bed I stayed up for the rest of the night. 

"Yes dear. I'm sorry you have to---" I cut her off. 

"Hey, you don't have to thank me mama. I love you." I said to her. She gave me a smile. 

"I love you too. God I wish---" Arlo cut mom off. Thank God, I still don't know how to tell Arlo when the time comes for her. That will be the hardest thing for him. And me. God, I wish there was more for my mom.

"Morning." Arlo said to us. 

"Morning baby." I said to him. 

"Why don't you and Meme go to the living room and I'll make some eggs and bacon for all of us." I said to them. 

"Okay dear. Thank you." Mom said to me. 

"Come on Meme. Cartoons are on." Arlo said to his Meme. After they walked out of the kitchen I wiped my eyes. It's only a matter of time. Dear God, what am I going to do. I said a small pray. 

After I was done making breakfast I walked back into my room so I can see how much money is on my Link Card. I grabbed my wallet and opened it up to find money. 

"What in the hell?" I said to myself. I counted it and there was $300. 

"Cole Sprouse, you mother fucker." I said. I got dressed. As I was walking out of the bedroom I sent Vanessa text to see if she could watch Arlo for a few hours. 

"Hey little man come here." I said to my son. 

"Mom, I'm dropping Arlo off at Dylan's and Vanessa. I have to go into the city for a few hours. Mrs. Mars is coming over to sit with you. If you need me, just call me or have Mrs. Mars call me." I said to my mom. 

"I know dear. And why are you going into the city for." Mom asked me. 

"To see a man about some money." I said to her. The less she know's the better. I got Arlo dressed as soon as Mrs. Mars walked in Arlo and I was out the door. 

Thank God it's only a 5 minute bus ride from my apartment to Dylan's and Vanessa's apartment. Arlo and I just walked in to fine them making out. 

"Hey, young eyes are here." I said to my best friends. 

"Sorry Luce, she just won't stay off of me." Dylan said to me. Vanessa grasped and slapped Dylan on his chest. 

"Whatever. Hey if I put gas in your car can I drive it to the city." I asked Vanessa.