Chapter 5

Luci's Pov 

I was in the kitchen cleaning up the house before Cole get's here for our dinner tonight. I can't believe this past week. I've been working everyday plus I got my first paycheck and let's just say I worked 45 hours this past week, but my paycheck was $650. That paid the rent and the city bill. Plus I still had $195 left, so I picked up some more food for the house and hid $75 back, so I can have that for later this week.

I got a phone call from my moms doctor and they think if she does some more treatments she can stay alive a little bit longer, so yesterday we took mom back to the hospital for the next 5 days. So glad that Vanessa and Dylan was here to help me get her over to the hospital. The only reason why I'm not staying with her, is because I am a mom and you would think Arlo's dad, would help out, but how can you when you are a meth head. I'll be damn if I let my son go over to his dad's place anytime soon. If not never for all I care. I've raised my son with my mom's help. 

I looked around the small apartment and this is the first time this place has been this clean in a long time. I keep a clean house, but when you have a sick mom and a 3 year old son, it can get a little crazy around here. And there is never enough time to get everything done. 

I walked down to Arlo's room to see what he is doing. Little boy has been quite for way to long. I peeked my head in and saw my little boy passed on his bedroom floor. I smiled at him. I wish I could give him the best life. And I'm working on that dream right now. I closed his door a little bit, so I can turn on some music. I love playing Cher. Cher is my mom's favorite singer. I'm glad that mom loved the CD of Cher, singing ABBA's music from the new 'Mama Mai 2' 

I walked into the kitchen so I ca get ready for tonight. I was walking over to the stove when my phone beeped. I picked it up and saw Cole, Vanessa and my mom all texted me. I opened up my mom's message first. 

Mommy=) - Hey Hun I'm getting ready to eat dinner then the nurses are going to push me down to the main room to watch a movie. I'll fall a sleep. I just wanted to tell you I love you and good luck with your date tonight. Can't wait until I get to meet him. 

Me- I love you more mommy. What movie? A romance. I don't know what date you are talking about. It's just dinner with a friend. 

My mother everyone. I do love her. I know mom will take a few minutes to text me right back so I opened up Vanessa's message up

Queen Sprouse- You want to go shopping. Dylan is playing his game and not talking to me. 

Me- I can't. Arlo is with me.

That's a good lie. I don't want Dylan and Vanessa to know that Cole is coming over tonight for dinner. They will be asking a million questions, that I don't have any of the answers for. Plus Dylan is with my best friend and Dylan and Cole are twins. So the lest they know about the better. I opened up Cole's text.

Cole- I can't wait to see you tonight. We are still on right. 

Me- Yes. I can't wait either. Oh floor 5, and apartment #75.

Me- Don't dress to fancy. Just jeans and a shirt. 

Cole- You going to be naked

Me- No. Arlo is here remember. 

Cole- Dang. Okay. When he's asleep I'll get you naked. 

Me- Whatever. I'm going to get ready for tonight. Be here at 7. Dinner will be done around that time. 

Cole- I'll be there babe. And Vanessa and Dylan don't know nothing about this right. 

Me- Nope. And I don't want them to know for a while