Part 1 (Meeting)

Words: 1208

Warning: mentions of violence, swearing

Having two soulmates wasn't abnormal. The idea to you never seemed strange and it never bothered you. You had three grandparents. To some the idea seemed odd, but to you it always made sense. Your grandparents always told you that having a soulmate meant feeling complete. It didn't matter how many people it took to make you feel that way. That's all you needed. To feel complete. You were missing those pieces in your life and you were so excited to find them in the future, that was until you found out who they were.

On your left wrist was the name James Buchanan Barnes. On the right was Steven Grant Rogers. Up until the first alien on attack New York you had no had no idea who your soulmate could be. When you found out who those names belonged to, you were worried. The thought of having those two as your soulmates made you worry about the future. Yes you longed to feel complete, yet there was a part of you telling you to run the other direction. You were afraid of hurting them. You weren't worried about aliens or threats, you knew they were strong enough to protect you, but what if you got hurt anyway? You were strong enough to protect them in your own way. Sometimes accidents happen and accidents could be fatal. Having two people constantly under the public eye would be a huge change in your life as well and you didn't really enjoy change. You wanted time to prepare. You were just a young college students in your twenties, still trying to figure out your life. How could you handle this?

You thought about this often every time something bad in New York happened. Today was that kind of day. A part of your route was blocked due to an incident involving an 'illegal trade' the news playing from your car radio wasn't really clarifying. So, you were forced to go another way home. Normally you walked everywhere because you lived in the city, but for work you had a ways to travel. Luckily you were in the city while this happened and didn't need to turn on google maps. You grew up here your whole life and you were prepared for anything this city could throw at you.
Wait. Scratch that. You weren't prepared to have a man with a knife barge into your car and press the blade to your side, screaming at you to punch the gas or he would 'cut out your liver and turn it to jerky' This was a great motivation for you as you immediately punched the gas and drove like a maniac. You were screaming and he was screaming. What a perfect commute home.
The man kept the knife at your side and directed you where to go, but kept getting frustrated at the fact that you were narrowly missing cars and constantly braking.

"Are you fucking with me bitch?!"

"I'm sorry!" You screamed as you swerved around trying not to die in a car crash even though you might die from being stabbed. "I've never done this before!"

"Don't act smart with me yo-" the man was cut off by your panicked screams consisting of jumbled words and curses as someone landed on the hood of your car.

You braked hard and the lump of a person on your car still held on. You were still screaming even as you put the car in park. You stopped yelling as the lump lifted up his head and you two locked eyes. "Oh shit." You mumbled. It was him. Your left wrist shined bright. His right wrist did the same. James Buchanan Barnes was on the hood of your car.
(Y/N) (M/N) (L/N) was trapped in a car with a mad man holding a knife to your side.

Oh God there was a man holding a knife to your side. You broke away from the staring contest you were having with Bucky just as the man pulled you by your hair harshly and held the knife right up to your face. "Ow! Jesus christ!" The man tugged your hair harder. You grabbed his hands and dug your nails into his skin and went hard enough to draw blood. "Let go of me or swear I will rip off your skin!" Seeing your soulmate gave you this surge of energy. You had courage, but maybe you should've planned ahead instead of just acting on a whim.

Knife man dropped his weapon of choice and let go of your hair as he grabbed your hands off of his. He grabbed the back of your head and was about to slam you face first into the steering wheel, but Bucky stopped him before Knife man could even press down on your head.

Bucky's reflexes were fast, but now he was moving at lightning speed. You were his soulmate and you were in danger. He punched a hole in your windshield and broke Knife man's arm right in front of your eyes.

"Oh my god- oh my God-" you looked at Bucky and had concerned etched on your face. "Wait- are you hurt? I hit you with my car?"

Bucky shook his head, taken aback slightly by your concern for his well being, as if you were oblivious to the fact that he was a highly skilled and trained assassin. "No. I'm fine." The knife man's screams of agony filled the brief silence between you two. Bucky let go once Knife man was out cold from pain. You watched as Bucky made the hole in your windshield bigger. He grabbed the man and yanked him harshly out of the car and let him roll off the hood. Special officers dragged Knife man away and Bucky went over to your door and opened it for you.

"Okay- well- I should get out?"
Bucky nodded and held the door open. You unbuckled your seatbelt, and stepped out into the now closed street blocked by multiple official government looking vehicles. You were surprised at how well you were taking this. You felt fine! This was fine!

Even as you were falling towards the ground due to your legs buckling, you felt fine! When you were caught by strong arms and not face first into the pavement, you felt even better! You felt fantastic until you lifted your head and locked eyes with the one who caught you. Your right wrist glowed and his left wrist did the same.
Steven Grant Rogers was smiling down at you as he gazed into your eyes. His smile turned into a look of worry and concern as he was met with the reality of the situation. (Y/N) (M/N) (L/N) was staring at him clearly in a state of shock and looked as though she was about to pass out at any moment.

"(Y/N)?" He called. He kept you steady and walked you over to a place where you could sit. You leaned your back against the brick building behind you and sprawled your legs out on the sidewalk. He knelt in front of you and studied you. "Hey. It's alright. We're going to get you help. You're in shock."

"Shock? No. No, no. I'm fine! Everything... is all.. gooooooooood." You slumped your head forward and passed out right there on the sidewalk.