Part 8 (I'm ready)

Word Count: 479
Warnings: none!

After talking to the police and officially pressing charges against the human version of an asshole, you were sitting on Steve's bed with the two Super Soldiers sat closely at either side of you. Bucky was on your right, Steve was on your left. 

Bruce had taken a look at your leg. It wasn't broken, just bruised and you had a minor fracture, but nothing to worry about. It was propped up with some pillows and Bucky had practically given you all the ice available in the compound. 

The room was quiet and the three of you sat in a comfortable silence. Bucky took your hand and held it close to him. He sighed and squeezed it gently. "How are you feeling, doll?"

You sighed and leaned your head back on the comfortable pillows. "I'm fine. I'm glad I showered, I must have really smelled."

Steve smiled and pressed a kiss to your forehead. "Maybe next time avoid the fire escape." 

You paused.

"You think there's going to be a next time?"

He sighed and propped himself up to get a good look at you. Bucky did the same. 

"This is a dangerous live we lead. I hate to admit but we both have to realize there may be times when we won't be there at your side all the time. That doesn't mean we won't keep you safe. You just have to be prepared." 

Bucky nodded and leaned down to nuzzle his head in the crook of your neck. 

You leaned into his touch and lifted both of your hands so that you were holding onto both Steve and Bucky. 
Bucky lifted his head up and listened to you speak. 

"Before I met you, I sometimes wished that you guys had normal jobs. I thought that it would be great if you were just normal people like me, that this would all be easier but then I thought no, this all happened for a reason."

You smiled softly and glanced to both of them. "I'm ready to be apart of your lives. I know it's dangerous, but we're soulmates." You glanced down to your wrist and smiled. "These things happen for a reason. I'm not one to question fate." You looked to Steve and Bucky again. "I'm going to stick around you two for a very, very long time. Are you ready for that?"

The two sported similar smiles as they gazed down at you. 

"I'm ready for that." Bucky said softly. 

"Are you ready for us to stay by you too?" Steve asked quietly. 

"Of course I am. If you're ready, I'm ready too." 

The three of you fell into a comfortable silence again.

 Steven Grant Rogers fit perfectly on your left, and James Buchanan Barnes fit perfectly on your right. You were nestled in the middle, and there was no other place you'd rather be. 

End