Part 7 (A Punchable Face)

Warnings: Swearing
Word count: 920

Tony frowned from this inside of his mask. "I'm sorry. Do I know you?"
The man with the gun grumbled something and shakily moved it over so it was aimed directly at you. "Stop playing games. Get out of the suit or the girl gets it."

Tony let out a sigh. He kept a firm grip on you with one hand, and with the other he sent an effective yet non harmful blast that sent the amateur slamming into the wall behind him. "Y'know, I really hate cliches."

You groaned and kept a tight grip onto him. Tony set you down gently for a moment and leaned you against the wall. "Stay-" he stopped himself, knowing that you wouldn't be wandering too far. "I'm going to scope the perimeter. These guys aren't serious. Your super soulmates will be here soon, alright? No one else is going to get to you. Luckily this place is pretty blocked off. I'll be right back, okay?"

You nodded and gave a weak thumbs up.

Tony shot up in the sky again and started to circle around. You leaned your head against the brick building and tried to focus on something other than the pain.

The sound of footsteps coming towards you caught your attention. You lifted your head up and the sight of the person in front of you made you want to vomit.

It was Vincent Prince. This was ridiculous.

He reached down and pulled you up by your arms. You hissed from the pain and tried to keep the weight off of your injured leg.

"You smell like garbage." His grip tightened on your arms.

"No. That smell is coming from you." You spat into his face. He let go of you arms and stumbled back.

"(Y/N), you are making me mad. Very mad." He wiped his face and stepped towards you again. "You're coming with me."

You groaned and leaned against the wall. "Fuck off! God, do you think I'm scared of you? I'm scared of actual criminals. Not rich boys who use money to intimidate people. Those thugs you hired? Iron Man is taking them out with no problem. My soulmates are gonna show up any minute in some heroic way, thinking that you hired actual enemies to come and get me only to realize that you're just playing around with part time radio shack employees."

Vincent growled. He raised his leg and kicked you right where you were injured. You let out a cry of pain and fell onto the ground. You stayed on your stomach and fought back tears.

You started to stand up on your own, but couldn't muster the strength. You fell back down and let out a cry of frustration. You lifted your head and a wave of relief washed over you. You saw them before Vincent did.

Before he could do anything else, he was suckerpunched by Captain America himself. Vincent fell to the ground, unconscious and his nose was gushing.

Bucky was in front of you and he lifted you off the ground and held you close in his arms, supporting your weight. You gripped onto his shirt and let out a breath of relief. His eyes narrowed and he stared down at you leg.

"Did he do this to you?" He practically growled. You quickly shook your head.

"No. I fell from the fire escape. I landed wrong. Being a stuntman isn't in my future."

Bucky let a small smile form on his face at your quip. His expression changed back in an instant. It was hard and focused, like the first time you had met him. He was on a mission. He easily lifted you and held you securely in his arms. Steve was right by his side. He moved strands of hair from your face and studied you for any more injuries. You lifted your hand and grabbed onto the one he had cupped on your cheek. Steve wiped a few stray tears that were still wet upon your cheek. "Did they hurt you?"

"I'm fine. They didn't do anything. Tony got to me in time."

Speak of the devil and he should appear. Tony landed in front of you three.

"Police are on their way. None of these guys here were serious." He sighed and crossed his arms. "I hoped that this would be a fun and challenging rescue mission. Not a dumpster diving mixed with wannabe criminal mission." Tony showed his face and smiled softly for a moment. "Glad you're alright though, kid." He got of the suit. "I'll stay here and deal with cleanup. You guys head back, take a shower, have a heartfelt moment. Whatever."

Tony shrugged and walked towards where the police were entering the alley.

"Shouldn't I stay for questioning?" You asked. Bucky and Steve started walking. Bucky held you securely and tried not to make any large movements.

"No." He answered quickly.
"Yes." Steve interjected. "But I'm siding with Buck on the fact that no, you are going to come with us first. You need to get that legged looked at. I'm not trusting you with anyone but Bruce right now."

You pressed close against Bucky's chest and closed your eyes. "I'm not going to argue with that. I'm not ready to be questioned." You let out a shaky breath and reached for Steve's hand. He held onto it and gave you a squeeze. "Did it feel good punching him in the face."

Steve nodded. "It did. He has a punchable face."