Part 3 (F*** Vincent Prince)

Words: 2093

Warnings: Non consensual kiss, harrassment, swearing,

Steve had wanted to come with you and Bucky into the belly of the beast, but he was busy with more pressing matters than watching you deal with a guy so irritating that he even made Tony upset. Tony had denied Steve's request, insisting that frozen boy number two would do just fine with the 'ever so difficult' task of bringing you to a comfortable, air conditioned, beautifully furnished office. Steve didn't like the way Tony described the situation. He made it seemed like Stece was overreacting,  but in Steve's mind it was totally reasonable to just follow behind you and be there just in case, but Steve had waited too long to find you to just let you deal with trouble by yourself. He wanted to be there to pick up the pieces, or even clean the whole mess up just for you. Steve tried not to sulk while he was with Sam, Tony, and Rhodey. He really did not feel in the mood to be at the end of their playful banter. 

Bucky was in a great mood. He was happy to escort you. Everything you did brought his mood up, starting from the way you reacted when you noticed that Tony Stark had lent you his own vehicle, claiming that your 2006 nissan altima was not an acceptable vehicle to be driving. During your stay at the compound it was expected for you to use a vehicle that could actually last in an emergency situation. Plus, it was still in for repairs after your run in with your soulmates.

Bucky had offered to drive and you let him, as you were still not comfortable with the idea of driving again. The events of yesterday's wild ride replayed over and over again in your head, and you weren't ready to go behind the wheel yet.

"Thanks for driving. I'm afraid of what would happen if I-" 

Bucky shot you a reassuring look and a soft smile formed on his face. "It's not a problem." He focused his attention back to the road. "You know you are really interesting." You raised a brow. 

"How so?"

"A guy held a knife to you yesterday and here you are not even twenty four hours later, getting ready to go to work and have a talk with this guy you really seem to hate."

You shrugged your shoulders lightly. "I don't really know. I think it's a soulmate thing." You glanced over to him, thinking hard about whether or not to ask him a question that's been on your mind. "I hope this isn't rude- but, do you remember much about soulmates?" 

Bucky knew what you were getting at. He liked the way you phrased the question instead of just bringing up the word 'brain-washing' 

"I'm still re-learning about them. I should get it all by now, but, y'know." 
You nodded in assurance that you grasped on what his meaning was. You could never imagine what it felt like to be like him, or Steve. You could only hope that as time went on they would open up to you and hopefully you would be able to understand better. "Well, I know that when you find your soulmates there's this big feeling of courage and security that builds up, because you just feel complete. I think that's why I'm doing so well." You laughed and almost cringed at what you said. "Sorry. That's so cheesy, but it's a real thing." 
Bucky tried to conceal a smirk, but he let it out. "No. It's not cheesy. I guess I feel that way too." 

You relaxed into the nice leather seat of the car. Bucky continued driving and within a few minutes you two arrived and parked in front of the luxurious building belonging to Vincent Prince.

You stepped out and marched up the steps, your calm attitude from the car disappearing the second you entered the large doors of the lobby. 

The receptionist sent you a sympathetic smile and dialed for Prince's assistant as you and Bucky got into the elevator and shot up fourteen floors just to see the human form of garbage at ten in the morning.