Chapter 11

Do you still trust me

letting out a sigh of relief, Eleanor looks up at Jim, finding him already looking at her, asking her without words if she's okay. Nodding her head yes, she steps out of his arms, allowing him to get to work.

"Spock. Our ship, how is she?" Jim asks, turning around and walking over to him with Eleanor not far behind.

"Our options are limited, Captain. We cannot fire and we cannot flee." Spock says grimly.

Jim's quiet for a moment, thinking and weighing his options, which there are not many of. "There is one option." Jim says, making Eleanor raise an eyebrow. Jim then looks to Uhura "Uhura, when you get Scotty back, patch him through." he says.

"Yes, sir." she answers, heading back to her station.

"Mister Spock, you have the conn." Jim says, he then turns to leave the bridge.

Spock and Eleanor share a look, before following Jim out and into the lift.

"Captain, I strongly object."  Spock says once the doors close.

"So do I." Eleanor agrees.

"To what? I haven't said anything yet." Jim says, not looking at them.

"Since we cannot take the ship from the outside, the only way we can take it is from within." Spock starts, as the doors to the lift open and the three get out; "And as a large boarding party would be detected, it is optimal for you to take as few members of the crew as possible.".

"You will meet resistance, requiring personnel with advanced combat abilities and innate knowledge of that ship. This indicates that you plan to align with Khan, the very man we were sent here to destroy." Spock finishes.

Eleanor knew what Jim's plan was, but hearing it out loud makes it much more nerve wracking.

"I'm not aligning with him, I'm using him. The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Jim says, as the three walk towards the med bay.

"Yes, but Marcus also tried to use him, and look where that got us." Eleanor says under her breath.

"An Arabic proverb attributed to a prince who was betrayed and decapitated by his own subjects." Spock states grimly.

"Still, it's a hell of a quote." Jim says back.

"l will go with you, Captain." Spock says.

"No, I need you on the bridge." Jim quickly shoots down.

"I cannot allow you to do this. It is my function aboard this ship to advise you on making the wisest decisions possible, something I firmly believe you are incapable of doing in this moment."  Spock says, voice picking up speed.

"You're right!" Jim says, raising his voice slightly, "What I'm about to do, it doesn't make any sense, it's not logical. it is a gut feeling." this statement seems to puzzle Spock by the look on his face; "I have no idea what I'm supposed to do." Jim continues, emotion becoming more evident in his voice, "I only know what I can do. The Enterprise and her crew need someone in that chair that knows what he's doing." Jim pauses,  "And it's not me. It's you, Spock.".

With that Jim turns away, leaving behind Spock and Eleanor behind.

"I'll be on the bridge in a minute." Eleanor says to Spock.

"It seems he's already made up his mind." Spock says, looking over at the girl.

"yes, but I'm his girlfriend, it's part of the job description." Eleanor's words make Spock raise an eyebrow. Eleanor then chases after Jim down the corridor.