Chapter 12

You're Right About That

"Commander, I have that transmission as requested." Uhura informs Spock.

Spock turns to look at her, "On screen, please.", then turning back to face the screen.

"Stand by.".

Spock prime then appears on screen, "Mister Spock." he says.

"Mister Spock." Spock replies, "I will be brief. In your travels, did you ever encounter a man named Khan?.

Spock prime looks away, shaking his head slightly, "As you know, I have made a vow never to give you information that could potentially alter your destiny. Your path is yours to walk, and yours alone." he says, making Spock look away in disappointment; "That being said, Khan Noonien Singh is the most dangerous adversary the Enterprise ever faced. He is brilliant, ruthless, and he will not hesitate to kill every single one of you." he continued stating grimly.

Eleanor's eyes widened, feeling her body grow cold, and her chest tighten.

It's quiet for a moment.

"Did you defeat him?" Spcok asks.

Spcok prime sighs, "At great cost. Yes.".

Spock leans forward in his chair a bit, "How?"

Once the transmition had ended, Spock got up and made his way to Uhura, "Lieutenant, I need you to assemble all senior medical and engineering staff in the weapons bay." he says to her.

"All right."

Spock then turns to Bones, who still stands next to Eleanor, "Dr. McCoy, you inadvertently activated a torpedo. Could you replicate the process?".

"Why the hell would I want to do that?" Bones asks confused.

Having somewhat of an idea of what Spock's planing on doing, Eleanor looks over at Bones, "Bones, can you do it?" she asks with a serious tone.

"Damn it, guys, I'm a doctor, not a torpedo technician!" Bones whisper yells.

"The fact that you are a doctor is precisely why I need you to listen very carefully." Spock replies.

As Bones heads off to the med bay, Eleanor and Spock look out the window at the other ship.

Eleanor crosses her arms, trying to somewhat comfort herself, "It's a smart move." she says to Spock.

"I believe it is what Jim would do." Spock replies.

"You're right about that." Eleanor says back, with a small smile.