Eastasia

the kingdom of Eastasia

Eastasia is a kingdom located in the east part of Asia. Its people come from different racial backgrounds: Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, and Mongolian. Among them, Koreans are the most powerful one since the royal family is also Koreans. Those who are not native to the Kingdom of Eastasia are considered as immigrants and naturally placed in the lower castes, except for biracial people with one of the Eastasian races in their blood (e.g. our main character Liberty, who is Korean-Thai).

The Kingdom of Eastasia is ruled by the current King Jeon Daehyun and Queen Jeon Dal. Their only child, Prince Jeon Jungkook, is the next heir to the throne.

the caste system

The people of Eastasia is separated by caste system. There are eight castes established by the law:

One.
The Royalty. The future prince’s wife and her family will be Ones once the prince and the princess are married.

Two.
Celebrities and government officers.

Three.
Inventors, scientists, doctors, architects, librarians, engineers, psychologists, film directors, music producers, lawyers, and writers.

Women that are or were part of the Selection are also part of this caste, unless they are a natural Two or already a Three.

Four.
Jewelers, real estate agents, property/business owners, and farmers.

Five.
Artists and performers including stage actors, classical musicians, singers, dancers, photographers, sculptures, and circus performers.

The lowest caste that any Korean can go is Five.

Six.
Workers including secretaries, managers, waiters/waitresses, housekeepers, cooks, and drivers.

Seven.
Manual laborers including gardeners and construction workers. Immigrants are also part of this caste.

Eight.
“Untouchables” including mentally or physically unwell people, addicts, runaways, illegitimate, people punished by the law, and the homeless.

The people of Eastasia can climb up to a higher caste or down to a lower one only through marriage. However, the change of one's caste is decided by the man's caste. If a woman who is a Two get married with a man who is a Four, the woman will also be a Four.

main characters

The Royal Family
Jeon Daehyun (Korean)
Jeon Dal (Korean)
Jeon Jungkook (Korean)

The Pravat-Ahn's
Ahn Siwoo (Korean)
Katrine Pravat (Thai)
Liberty Pravat-Ahn (Korean-Thai)
Chittapon Pravat-Ahn (Korean-Thai)

timeline

following the original book's setting, this fanfiction is also set in modern time (21st century), with all the technologies similar to what we have now. however, the monarch have officially banned the use of mobile phones to limit the freedom of the people and to maintain peace.